Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gomez, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    So, I was heading home on my bike tonight and at a slow intersection some A-hole drove right up to me braking hard. Causing me to evade. Yelling and screaming out the window.

I stopped, he stopped (his girlfriend was in the car). Walked up to him and started all kinds of noise. 'You dumbass! You saw me coming, I even honked.'
    'F*&^ u, I didn't see or hear you'
    Pointing his finger at me 'You did see me coming dumbass'

'Call me a dumbass one more time and I'll beat the **** out of you' (he was waay smaller then me). He backed off, got into his car and yelled 'Dumbass'.

I don't feel good about this. Not at all actually. I would have liked to beat the living piss out of him.

Why didn't I?
  2. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    because you're a rational person (bassist), used to dealing with idiots (guitarists).
  3. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

It's not worth it. Plus, watch out for your fingers.

I was cut off by a car on my bike once. I was really angry also. My only solace was the 10" engraving my handle bar left in his right rear door.

Laugh it off.
  4. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    never stop..........

Are you in america? I didnt check. Any idiot with a few 20's can get a pistol. I got chased for 30 minutes (while on hold with 911) while a freak chased me with a colt 45.

In CA atleast, I try not to get worked up, cause it always escalates. Some dad got shot by another dad less then a mile away from my home (suburbia sacramento) because they both stopped. One hit the other and said he was going to hurt the other guys family, he ended up dead, with the shooter in jail.

YAY :bawl:
  5. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Wow, I'm sure glad I don't live in the USA... Heck, over here the only thing you're likely to hit on the road is cowdung.

One of my uncles once got in a motorbike accident when he ran his delivery firm - An eldery couple pulled straight into him without indicating or looking, at about 70mph... he was in such a bad state the policeman assumed he was dead there and then, but luckily he survived with nothing long term other than sore joints and some nasty scars on his arms, although he had to sell the company.
  6. motorcycles=death-traps......

you know those guys who do the thing w/ motorcycles in the spherical cages, sometimes w/ two bikes at once? I saw some thing on tv where they were interviewing one of those guys, after showing him doing all kinds of dangerous looking stuff, and then he talks about how he would never use a motorbike for transportation.
  7. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    What he said.

But should have kicked his a$$.
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No you shouldn't have.

One of the things you should be taught when riding a bike is that people in cars don't see you as well as they would see another car. You gotta be looking out for your life, and its YOUR job to make yourself as visible as possible.

Things like this happen, and it's not necessarilly any fault of yours or his, just walk away from the guy who's yelling at you for nearly hitting you. No need for hostility.
  9. Sort of like people walking across parking lots that seem to think that they're pedestrians and have all this "right-of-way"! Well, when you walk into the lane in front of a MOVING vehicle of about a ton or so of metal and aren't even watching for cars bacause you feel that it's all their responsibility to watch for you, then you're stupid and eventually, dead. The person in the car is pretty busy watching for peds, and other cars pulling out backwards that can't see until they've cleared the other parked cars, and shopping carts floating across the lanes, and reaching for their cell phones and checking out the lovely behind that's pushing their purchases to their car, and opening the bag of chips they just bought while sucking down a coke...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Point being; don't assume anything on the road, except for the fact that the other driver is a dork and won't give way!
    Defensive driving. That's the ticket.
  10. spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston

Great post. No bs, great post...
  11. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses

Seriously though man, never stop, it's just not worth it. One day an idiot pulled out of this lot literally BESIDE me (he was driving beside me in the lot, I was on the main road..), and the he nudged his way in front of me (I don't give way to idiots who don't know how to drive -- there wasn't a single car behind me). So, I was pointing and laughing at him in my car... and I noticed he kept checking his mirror with this rather angry look on his face. We both get to the red light up the road... he gets out of his car literally yelling "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!? DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!?" and he came up and knocked on my windows (rather hard, too). Anyway, a half second later, the light turned green, I waved and said "goodbye" and drove off. I don't give those kinds of people the light of day - IMO, they don't deserve it.

12. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Huh, I didn't know it was in your power to deny the light of day. We mere mortals only have the power to withhold the time of day.

;) :D
  13. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Oh, what, not everyone can do that? Hmmmm... interesting. :eyebrow:

14. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

Oh my gosh, what the feather, Bar-b-que??