1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Duratex on baffle boards

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimo, Feb 22, 2013.

1. jimo

jimo

Jan 21, 2013
    If you Duratex the baffle board, does it mess up the speaker gaskets or do you not put it under there??? Thanks! JIMO

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Put it on the baffle and including under the driver/gasket. Use enough so that the texture is smooth not overly bumpy or jaged. It might be a good idea to experiment on some scrap wood before doing it for real.

3. jimo

jimo

Jan 21, 2013
    I don't know, if the speaker doesn't bolt perfectly flat to the board, it might be big trouble.????

4. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    If you apply the duratex smoothly (ie little bumps instead of jaged mountains) you will have no problems. Many cabs have been built this way. Or if you prefer just use regular paint for the baffle.

5. jimo

jimo

Jan 21, 2013
    Yeah, I saw that people had Duratex on the board, so I knew they must have been doing SOMETHING. So just keep it super smooth in that area and it should be OK.....Thanks!

6. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Meh, spray paint is fine on the baffle :)