1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EB Hybrid Slinky vs DR Marcus Miller "Fat Beams" medium

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Valentino, Feb 22, 2013.

1. I have a Fender American Precision Bass 2011 and want to replace the stock strings.

I mostly play Rock music in 1/2 step down tuning. I use a pick and sometimes also like to play fingerstyle. I sometimes like to slap and pop.

I think I'm going to choose between EB Hybrid slinkies and the DR Marcus Miller Fat Beams (medium).

Which of these would you recommend?
    Are the DR strings also good for Rock and playing with a pick in your opinion?
    Would there be any trouble with the 1/2 step downtuning with thes strings? Or should I consider other strings like DR lowrider's for my preferences?

2. happyg

happyg

Sep 17, 2011
    EB's are going to be brighter. Dr MM are going to take off some of the high end but still retain it. I put the Millers on my Stingray when I wanted to tame it just a little. The Millers will probably last a little longer. That being said..... I'm currently using the EB Cobalt's on my Jazz. I'm really liking them on that bass. I have a friend who plays a P with the hybrids. It sounds great.
    Edit to add......both will work great for what you are doing.