Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ebay/paypal help needed asap

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by centralharbor, Feb 3, 2006.

1. centralharbor

centralharbor

Nov 21, 2005
    hawaii
    I bid on an ebay item, worked out shipping ammount before hand, and emailed him for the total ammount, promptly. I have questions for those of you that sell things with ebay/paypal:

Do you need to upgrade your paypal account to accept paypal accounts that only have credit card accounts linked to them?

Does it it take 4-5 days to clear a transaction with your bank account?

The reason is that I only have my cc account hooked up with my paypal and I don't want to link my bank account with it.

2. 1. No, I don't think so

2. You have to have money in you're paypal account to bid for it (not sure how long it takes to put $ in).

3. This don't belong in this here forum....

3. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    yes, you have to upgrade your acct to accept credit card payments. From that point on, all payments to you will be subject to fees. Most people who need to do that have a separate acct to receive CC payments, so that their normal acct can stay paypal-charge free.

Bank transaction usually goes through almost immediately.

4. tonynoriega

tonynoriega Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    When I transfer money from my bank account to Paypal, it usually takes 4 days for the money to become available for my use - HOWEVER - Paypal takes it almost immediately from the bank account! Just imagine how much they must make on the interest amount with the millions they float during the interim period, considering the tens of thousands of accounts this is occuring with.

5. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    plus paypal is UNINSURED. not fdic

imagine what would happen if they crashed!

billions of dollars in limbo gone in an instant.

it gives me the shakes just thinking about it.

It takes them 4-5 business days too which can equivicate to 10 regular days.

6. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    "and I don't want to link my bank account with it."

Me too. It seemed dumb to link to your checking or savings account. SO.... I opened a savings account just for Paypal; that way my important bank accounts are not in the mix...

Mike

7. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Don't link your bank account with it unless you want them pulling money out without warning!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife just overdrew her checking account because she was short in her paypal account for an ebay purchase she made. I guess she miscalculated her amount, I didn't ask as she was pissed and I wanted to stay out of the line of fire. Anyway paypal promptly removed money from her account on the SAME day as the transaction with no email , warning or anything. Unless you keep a reserve in your accounts I recommend against it.