Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS-1 v2 preamp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by slinkp, Dec 14, 2004.

1. slinkp

slinkp

Aug 29, 2003
    brooklyn, NY, USA
    EBS-1 version 2 preamp, $475 + shipping.

PM me or send email to stuff@slinkp.com.

Condition: perfect working order with visible wear and tear.
    The top and bottom have some very obvious rack rash and paint wear.
    The front panel has minor scratches, some wear on the logo and near the rack screw holes. Back panel is pretty clean.

One of the rack ears is bent back a very small amount but this should not affect mounting. All of this should be visible in my photos.

I checked this one out thoroughly, looking for bad jacks, flaky switches, or noisy pots. All of the following were checked and are working perfectly with notes on minor issues:

Front panel: input jack, gain, comp/limit, filter switch, bright, low level*, low freq, mid level, mid freq, hi level, hi freq, output level, di eq switch, XLR output.
    Rear panel: L output, R output, phones**, xover hi, xover low, FX send, FX return L, FX return R, power cord socket.

* the low level pot was slightly crackly. I gave it a squirt of contact cleaner and it now works silently.
    ** the headphones output is fine at low volumes but seems to fart at medium to high volume (with both gain and level controls at 12 o'clock or higher). I don't think it's my headphones.

I didn't spend much time fiddling with the rear panel dip switches but I did try the DI level and crossover freq switches and those seemed OK.

I did not test the Remote jack as I don't have a suitable footswitch.

EDIT: There is one screw missing at the lower right of the XLR output on the front panel. The jack still feels securely mounted.
    Looking at the other screws, some of them show some wear and one (near the AC jack on the back) looks partially stripped.

I got this one off ebay a couple months back and it's just been sitting here in my room not getting any use.

Note this is NOT the same as the EBS Classic preamp (I misread the ebay auction and thought I was getting a Classic... duh... but it worked fine and the price was right so I didn't raise a fuss). FYI, the Classic is similar but has built-in overdrive capability. This model is strictly for clean sounds and it sure does sound really clean. Sparkly hi-fi sound, very flexible EQ, very low noise. Also the built-in EBS compressor is very very smooth.

Apparently this 1v2 model is now discontinued. I do like its clean sounds, but for that all I use these days is my AI Clarus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    what the hell happened to that thing? looks like it was towed behind a car for a few miles... is it still for sale?