Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EDEN 410 XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Turlu, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I had to change my Peavey115 Cabinet recently

I tried out several cabinets:

- Ampeg 410 Classic reissue 4 ohms.
    - Peavey TXF 410 4 ohms
    - Peavey 115 BXBW 4 ohms
    - Eden 410 XLT 4 ohms.

Well, to my great surprise, hands down to the EDEN 410 XLTwhich totally blew the other cabs !!! It is incredible !!! I thought I would have bought the Ampeg for a Rickenbacker/Ampeg combination but I just could not get over the clarity, power and output of the Eden cabinet. So much more definition than the Ampeg, and the Peavey`s are way behind ( and I have been a long time Fan of Peavey products and still is ). They did not have the Peavey Pro cabinets even listed at my store so I could not try them, to my great desolation !!!

I bought the EDEN 410XLT without hesitation. Price was a little bit more expensive than the Ampeg but it will worth it.

So, now I can`t wait to try the EDEN cabinet at my next gig !!!

2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Is anyone else surprised? I'm not! Good choice.

Alex

timmerz likes this.
  3. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Well, I surprised myself I should say... because I wanted an Ampeg for so long... but when I compared with the EDEN, I simply could not resist !!!

4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I'm not suprised either. Those other cabs aren't in the same league as the Eden. Good choice. Rock on:bassist:

timmerz likes this.
  5. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Funny.

I played a Aguilar DB750 through the Eden cab yesterday. Holy Mackeral !

Not only am I going back to tubes but those Eden cabs are the bee's
    knees !

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Love my Eden stacks (210XLT/410XLT + 115T). Loud as all get out and handle my amp/preamp quite well.

Do you know if yours is one of the new ones made since US Music acquired the company or if it's one from when David Nordschow still owned the company ???

I'm just curious to see if all the Nordschow-era cabs are gone.

7. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss

Just curious, whats the difference?

Mike

8. rickbass

I would hope none, doctor. But that would be interesting - kind of like when St. Louis Music took Ampeg down a notch.

I would hope Nordschow's great design and attention to quality are maintained.

Also, I wonder if the product identifies the gear as a "US Music" product in some way.

Since the sale was so recent, it implies nothing to me.

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

you know...i just talked to dave the other day on the phone (whilst wiring my metro back up having received my reconed drivers) and here's the difference: the same people are making the same product in the same location...BUT, now that david doesn't have to do as much of the paperwork that us music corp now handles and a lot of the answering of phones and other "office type work," he is back in his shop doing the building and supervising he used to do when his shop was a lot smaller and he didn't have to deal with loads of orders. i would say that now that us music corp has acquired eden, the MAN is back behind the scenes getting his quality control ON and the product is now better if anything else. just my .02. and, oh yeah, this whole pre-washburn speak really lights the nordschows' asses on fire, so be careful about saying that stuff to him....if you guys ever talk to them.

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

booyah

i love eden :D

11. rickbass

Thanks very much for that insight, nep!!!

Yeah, the "Washburn connection" isn't very cool. But as Willie Dixon sang, "You can't judge a book by looking at the cover."

(By the by - when I was in the corporate world, I went to Bremerton and loved it! It's rated as one of the "5 Most Liveable Cities in the US".

12. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Hey RickBass,

I just checked on my carton box and it is mentioned that EDEN is part of US Music corp. Also, the stickers on the box comes from Washburn with the address in Illinois. All documentations also mentions US Music Corp.

But, nothing on the Cabinet itself mentions about US Music Corp.

I have to admit that it is a big change for me switching from a 15" Cabinet to a 4X10. One thing I realize is that my Peavey T-Max might not be powerful enough at 375 watts (4 ohms) to push the 700 watts of the Eden 4X10. I noticed I have to push the amp a little more to get the same output level as I used to have with my single 15", which was rated at 350 watts.

13. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I too have heard David is back in the operations and development more than before. US Music Corp is like the backer. I have gotten 2 new 410xlt's and a new WT800 and you will have to pry them from my cold dead hands. Until otherwise stated Eden will be Eden, the best ever!

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

it is pretty nice here...when it's not raining. man, this past summer was BOMM. i think i'm going to transfer to a boat out of here and hang around for 3 or 4 more years when this shore tour is up. i really like it.

15. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Turlu,

Good Choice! I just played a corporate gig this past Sunday and the backline rig was a 4-10XLT and an Eden World Tour 800 head. Talk about being overpowered for that particular stage! That rig sounded excellent, tons of headroom, great bottom, mids, and highs, with an awesome punch. I've never been too keen about the Eden heads, and I have to say the WT-800 is a great head. I really enjoyed playing a set of top 40 covers and 70s funk tunes through that rig that night.

I think you're right on the power issue. You might achieve better performance if you upgrade to a higher power head in the future.

16. rickbass

One of the beauties of Nordschow's design is that the cabs are super efficient. They suck up every watt to be so fargin' LOUD!

He was making cabs for Steven Rabe before Rabe started SWR.

I've got a 1600W QSC amp with a SansAmp Bass Driver and I'm almost scared to see just how much my Eden cabs can really take.

17. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Just be careful if you play loudly with a 5 string or you tune down... cone crease city!

18. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    Northampton UK
    All this talk of cone creasing has got me worried as I've just ordered a Boss OC3 for my 4 string/410XLT setup. :(

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ***!!11!1!! OMG!1!!!1!1 I take it you haven't spent much time in the amps forum.

20. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    The 410XLT is a TB favorite, surprised you hadn't read more about it here. I agree, that can was in a class of it's own in comparison to the others you stacked it against.

I do though, have a hard time believing that the Peavey 15 you are used to is more efficient than the XLT. These are very efficient, and loud cabs, and should work fine on what power you are giving it, BUT.....the XLT does truly come to life once you throw some big power at it.

I am up to 1200W on mine.