1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EDEN D410 XLT "DISCONTINUED" per Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hajimo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Hajimo

Hajimo

Aug 27, 2017
    PNW
    So, I am posting this because I am frustrated with my current situation with Guitar Center. Not sure if I am looking for advice, consolation, or to just plain vent. Anyway, here is the story:

I pulled the trigger on an Eden D410 XLT cab on 7/1/17 for about $1,100. It was out of stock at the time but expected to arrive within several weeks. The date kept getting pushed back, but then I noticed that the price started dropping. The date kept getting pushed back more and the price continued to drop. By 8/7/17 the price reached $633 and I called GC to make sure that I would be getting it for THAT price. They assured me via phone and several "automated" emails that they would be receiving enough units to fill the remaining orders despite the item being discontinued and that this would be my price. The expected arrival date was between 9/18 and 9/21. I never received any sort of communication regarding the item after 8/7. On Monday morning 9/25 I called them again, but this time they said they would not be receiving any more units to complete the orders in place and that I was out of luck. I pointed out to them that the Eden website still has them listed as available and NOT as discontinued, and that I have been waiting for nearly 3 months with nearly ZERO communication. The GC rep said he would look into it, contact the manufacturer, and send me an email with the verdict. I haven't received an email, phone call, or a singing telegram; or even one of those pigeons with a lil' scroll attached to its leg. The communication has been awful. I will call them again tomorrow, but I am REALLY wanting THIS cab at THAT price. FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigbri and SJan3 like this.
  2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    I am thinking you should cancel the GC order with that particular store and see who else has it. GC following up on an order? I have had the same experience as you!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Fishyfishfish likes this.
  3. Hajimo

Hajimo

Aug 27, 2017
    PNW
    Got this email today. At least it is different from the other update emails I have been getting.

GC: Thank you again for your recent order. Due to an unusually large response, we are temporarily out of stock on the item(s) you ordered. Additional quantities are on order and we expect them soon. Your order will receive priority upon receipt in the warehouse, and we expect to be able to ship your order within 30 days. We are very sorry for the delay and assure you that we are making every effort to speed your order to you.

OldFunBass and SJan3 like this.
  4. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    An obvious cut and paste announcement. For me, I would cancel it and find a better dealer. Your call though. I am not a fan of GC.

5. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    When a vendor can't seem to get product and makes untrue statements about the manufacturer "discontinuing" the product, I usually conclude that the vendor hasn't paid the manufacturer for previous orders and the manufacturer has cut off further shipments. YMMV.

MuthaFunk and Bassmec like this.
  6. Hajimo

Hajimo

Aug 27, 2017
    PNW
    lol, still waiting. I have two contacts at GC now that both said the date would be 10/23. It is now 10/24, no update; so I sent them both another email. If they tell me 11/23, I am going to buy another cabinet; however, I will leave this order open. This cab is worth $1k brand new easy. If I get it, I will just sell it and it will help me pay for my new cab.....whatever that is....maybe a DNA cab if I can find one.

7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Hey Hajimo, don't know what part of PNW you're at, but The Bass Shop Seattle has two used D410XLT's: one is 8ohm, the other is 4ohm.

JimiLL and Hajimo like this.
  8. Searay

Searay

May 20, 2012
    Interesting, but the more probable story is that Guitar Center is on credit hold with the manufacturer. I bought mine used for about $400. I think the build quality, tone, and speakers are superb. They are nice, but my personal opinion is, that it is not an $1100 cab. First, the horns blow so get extra fuse/bulbs. Second, the covering grows a real neat green color of mold that is difficult to conquer.

9. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    “Discontinued” can mean different things to different businesses. The 410xlt may be discontinued at Guitar Center (meaning they no longer sell them), but not discontinued by Eden.

10. Hajimo

Hajimo

Aug 27, 2017
    PNW
    I am not so sure. I have checked every other retailer, and nobody seems to have it. I found one at some Illinois retailer....my $$ was refunded the next day and they said the ad was a mistake. They were predicting another 8 weeks until anyone would have them.

11. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Maybe a blessing in disguise. It's a great sounding cab but FERGIN HEAVY! There are other units that will do the job and save your back, although I will admit that the final price of the Eden was excellent.

12. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    That's better!

13. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
  14. There a several 21st century cab options that would kick butt on that cab that you could find both new and used in your price range. I quit hauling my Eden boat anchors around in the mid nineties.

esa372 likes this.
  15. Hajimo

Hajimo

Aug 27, 2017
    PNW
  16. Hajimo

Hajimo

Aug 27, 2017
    PNW
    I am definitely open to recommendations. I have not been around bass gear for 15 years. This cab was the sh*t back then. What do you think I should check out (and why)?

17. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    So, your bummed at GC, or Eden? If you want an Eden cab, contact them directly. This is not a jab at you, but in general; people seem scared or apprehensive to contact a manufacturer and get an answer for themselves. There's a lot of threads here on TB asking for 3rd party info. It baffles me that people don't go to the source for answers first, then here if they don't receive a timely reply.

18. Searay

Searay

May 20, 2012
    If I recall correctly mine was built in Kentucky with the eminence factory close by. Does the new owner build overseas?

19. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    No kidding--below $600! That's wholesale/used price territory.

20. Hajimo

Hajimo

Aug 27, 2017
    PNW
    Latest update: Cabinet should arrive by 1/5/18. I almost laughed until I saw that GC has the cabinet back on their site advertised at the full price of $1,200. Furthermore, I saw this on the Eden site:

Production of our professional D-Series cabinets will be moving in order to take advantage of the exceptional facilities and expertise that we have at our own facility in the UK. This decision will improve the distribution and the availability of Eden cabinets across the world.

The most important part of this process is that we are keeping the sound of the cabinets the same. We are not changing the defining characteristics of the crisp, clean D-Series cabinets we know and love.

• We are still using the super-efficient, Eden-designed speakers that Eminence manufacture for us in Kentucky.
    • The only differences to the outside are new, improved handles on all of the XST cabinet models and new heavy duty wheels on D810XTs and D610XSTs.
    • Inside we have kept everything the same, with some slight improvements in the cabinet jointing processes, to make the cabinets more rigid.
    For more information on our new UK-made cabinets please email: info@edenamps.com

THERE IS STILL HOPE!