1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Navigator Mega-Love Thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JonathanD, Mar 11, 2008.

1. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I have owned many peramps and amps. I honestly dislike Eden as a company after my 2 problem incidents with them.

BUT, the Eden Navigator is so much better than any other preamp I have ever played that I can't let myself go without it. The eq does anything I need it to, I can run any combination of bass/effects/vocals/loops through the thing AND it has a fantastic tube tone from smooth to growly.

I just thought that we could compile some info about them. Even if you have had bad experiences lets here them.

I enjoy the enhance for when I need to cut through, but rarely use it.

The turbo boost is great for soft technique in a loud situation.

The compressor of button is nice because I can turn the compressor on just for the heavy handed stuff but keep my sound otherwise.

The tube knob is fantastic. I turn it about 10 oclock for "my tone" but move it around as needed. This alone makes it versital between generas.

What do you think?

2. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    They're defiantly one of a kind. I don't use it much but I'd never get rid of it. Mine went in for service a week after I bought it. I'm guessing I bumped the input knob but I honestly don't remember anything ever touching it. Most of the pots are surface mounted to a board which makes it a very delicate piece of gear. It was repaired promptly under warranty.

Out of the box most of the knobs needed indexing since they don't use D shafts. Without detents there's no way of knowing were 0 is in the EQ section. I find the EQ sweep of each knob to be way to much and I could do without all the running lights but thats a personal taste.

The effects pre and post, adjustable output filtering, input gain with clipping diode, and on and on. The only thing it lacks is parts quality which would of course driven the cost easily into the $2000 range. That kind of control with the sonic finesse of say Avalon or Millennium would be truly iconic.

Vic

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Count me in on the Navigator love. I gigged with one for years as part of my main rig, and since that time, I have picked up a good number of high end bass preamps. None of them blow the Navigator out of the water. I have some that I prefer, situationally, at least, to the Navigator, but it's been able to hold its head high as a worthy competitor in any shootout I have tried.

Tom.

4. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    The Nav in my opinoon is the best piece of gear Eden has made. It does everything you could ever hope for. I think that they shoulc only build the Nav and a 800 watt power amp and a 1600 watter. That would cover the gamut and they would only have to produce 3 pieces in the head line. JMO

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I think they're great.

I also think it's funny that you just recently got yours and then started a mega-love thread the day after you posted it for sale.

6. Easily the best piece of gear I've ever owned. Working at a music store let me try out a LOT of gear, and I couldn't find anything that came close.

7. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Still loving it :)