1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effect order switching... Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kevteop, May 20, 2011.

1. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    OK my current effect setup is pretty simple:

LS-2 substitute (an SFX 'Loop Logic'):

Loop A: OC-2
    Loop B: Octavius Squeezer -> Line 6 M9

Post loops: Bugbrand Bugrcrusher

Now... I would like to be able to move the M9 between its current position and a post-Bugcrusher position.

I know there are some pedals that let you swap the order of effects, but since the M9 is in the effects loop of another pedal and the Bugcrusher is after that loop pedal, would it be possible to move the M9 in such a way?

I ask because at the moment I'm mostly using the M9 as a pitch shifter and a synth, but it would be nice to be able to move it to the end of my chain and use its filters and delays.

Can this be done?

2. You can put the m9 out of the chain and place it before/after the bug crusher (post loop) and then buy a flip flop/effects order switcher pedal to switch the effect order of the m9 and the bugcrusher. Will that work?

3. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Not really, no - I need to have it in parallel with my OC-2 sometimes. Well, currently I have it in parallel with my OC-2 all of the time but that's why I'm only using the pitch shifters and synths, hence the issue. But I do need those sounds for my current gig.

4. Yes, with a 4pdt you can do it. Two sets of In/ Out for the signal chain, and two sets of Send/ Return for the effects. To add an LED you need another pole for switching that. If I get a chance I may try to post a schem, but if you talk to loopmaster or WOBO or someone, I'm sure that they could get something done for you.

5. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Ah cool that's good to hear. I think it would be worth spending a few quid on since it would mean I get twice as much functionality out of my M9. :)

6. Pretty sure this will get the job done. I hope I drew it up clear enough. I don't know what kind of horrible popping noises may occur with this setup, though. I imagine it wouldn't be any worse than with TBP, but I've never wired this up.

PEDALSWITCHER.

EDIT::: Crap, just reread the OP and this isn't what you want. What you want can be done, but I don't have time now to fix this. Mrphencrunk. >(

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Several boxes allow this.
    The Loop Assign at Loooper is one of them.

8. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I did come across that Beavis design but I haven't had time to figure out if I could use it yet.

CBL - I am very grateful for your time and effort anyway. You've given me hope if not a working circuit, and sometimes hope is worth just as much. :)

9. Well, that circuit above will work great if the bugcrusher and the m9 are switching places, but not for just moving the m9.

This will, though.

pedalswitcher2.