EHX Factory Tour

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by loonybob123, Jan 27, 2009.

1. I just found this 10 minutes ago I don't know if its been posted with you guys just wanted to share it.

Its a tour of Electro Harmonix's factory in Long Island, NY

If you look close you can catch some glimpses of the rumored pedals in the prototype stage.

2. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    fwiw, here's where I posted it to the blog over on the EHX site:

http://www.ehx.com/blog/boingboing-tv-visits-the-ehx-factory-in-nyc

They edited most of the effects toward the end of the video -- I think you'll at least see knobs getting put onto some Bass Big Muff Pi's, some final testing on a Voice Box, etc. -- it was fun having BoingBoing come film the place!

3. Ya I wanted to see more pedals :/. I know you guys make great tubes, but tubes aren't fun to look at. I'd rather look at pedals :D

4. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    I've got to disagree with you there!

They actually spent the bulk of their time shooting pedals, so I was surprised that the video lead with so on the tubes. I think perhaps their editor is more of a tube junkie than a pedal junky... ;)

But there's plenty of pedals in the 2nd half of the video -- and for any folks who use tube amps, the first half should be pretty interesting too.

5. Hey remember you posted in the effects forum, wrong place to look for tube junkies :D. I love to hear tubes, just nothing special to look at(albeit the whole burn in machine was pretty cool).

6. heytrid

heytrid

Feb 12, 2008
    Calgary AB
    man all those sovtek amps..... everywhere

7. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    Heh, I'm always super-afraid whenever I post in TB, I always wind up getting yelled at! :rolleyes:

In this case, it's half tubes, and half pedals, and I thought more folks would be interested in seeing the pedals, so I posted here.

If somebody thinks this would be interesting in TB's amps/tubes section, I'd be grateful if you added it there -- but I'm too afraid to do it myself! :eek:

-Scott

8. I am just poking fun with you Scott. I like the fact you are featured in the first half of the video. I think you guys are an amazing company and I definitely consider myself and Electro Harmonix fanboy(actually planning an all EHX pedal board at the moment). btw I thought for the first 2 seconds that your hair was fake :smug:

9. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    Ugh, there's little I hate more than talking to a camera!

10. I love how this whole thread is me and you Scott bantering back and forth. Come on people any opinions on this?(it was awesome, Scott looked funny, I hated it, meh, or :hyper:)

11. heytrid

heytrid

Feb 12, 2008
    Calgary AB
    it made me want a sovtek amp....

and a job in a guitar pedal factory... putting the knobs on isdefinatly a gig for me

12. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    As a Sovtek amp and EHX pedal user, this video put a smile on my face.

13. GrooveWarrior

GrooveWarrior Supporting Member

Tubes and pedals are both fun . . . and on a side note, I actually LIKE the bass blogger (unlike most people here) . . . now if it could only be run on daisy chain power :D:D

14. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Cool stuff.

15. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    Here, I'll tell you something mildly funny about Sovtek: me, Mike, and Suzi pronounce it "sahv-tek" but I think just about everybody else in the world pronounces it "sohv-tek" -- so when I say "sahv-tek" people look at me like I'm saying it wrong. :p

16. heytrid

heytrid

Feb 12, 2008
    Calgary AB
    then what is the correct way :p

17. I got to say though I have NO clue how any of your engineers find ANYTHING they put down on any of those desks or tables lol :)

18. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    Rock & Roll means not having to clean your room! :bassist:

19. GrooveWarrior

GrooveWarrior Supporting Member

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021