1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX SuperEgo Synth Engine

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by autodidact, Jul 10, 2012.

1. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    Just watched this video and I'm GASing hard.

Don't know what the hell I'd do with it but isn't that what GAS is all about?

2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    blah

3. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    mine should be arriving tomorrow :)

4. Ug. I shouldn't have clicked on this link. It'll probably cost me some money.

It seems to give that shimmer effect of +1 or +2 octaves plus delay really nicely.

5. dbbxyz

dbbxyz

Jan 29, 2010
    Donno about blah. I find my Freeze becoming one of my 'more used' pedals. Superego ups the anti on musical usefulness.

If only I (literally) another inch or two on my pedaltrain...

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I would much rather have a pedal that shortened the decay of my signal rather than stretching it. Oh well. :(

And before anyone responds with suggestions of palm/foam muting, imagine the consequences downstream of doing that.

7. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    I think this would be an awesome pedal for soloing with a little practice. Or in a spot where you want to fill a sonic gap but don't necessarily want to have your attack shine through. I really dig it and the fact that its basically a Freeze and a little synth built into one box is appealing to people like me who don't like having a buttload of pedals to mess with but like weird sounds.

8. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    I use my freeze a lot as well...wondering if I'll want to keep my freeze in addition to this pedal or if it will totally do everything my freeze does + some

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Mmm, Rebecca Dirks was about the best thing from that clip.

10. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Uhhh...what consequences?

11. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Hmmm I have a use for this.

Basically a momentary drone effects loop :D some fun with a meatbox/lpf I think

12. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Gate?

13. This seems like a pretty inventive implementation of the freeze and gliss effects. The effect loop puts it over the top. I will check one out when it comes up cheap used :bag:

How about using your fingers for that? Or set of flatwounds?

14. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    It can do that. Check out the effectology demo on youtube.

15. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    HOWISITHOWISITHOWISITHOWISIT??????

16. AlvarHanso

AlvarHanso

Jun 20, 2011
    Okay, so the original video posted up above is a from a couple months ago, and was not the best demo. This new one, however, shows exactly how I'd want to use it for getting Shine On You Crazy Diamond and other soundscapes with as few instruments as possible:
    http://youtu.be/ddDqoIQ6KwI

17. Pretty sure I'm going to end up with one of these at some point. At least I never bought a Freeze, which this seems to eclipse.

18. dustinfennessey

dustinfennessey

Sep 29, 2011
    WI
    Jammed with it today. Freaking great sounds and the guys loved it.

19. This is now at the top of my list. Dammit, they got me again!

20. Well, I bought one. It's pretty fun. I think it'll be REALLY fun after I get my next order in... The Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter Pro. I'm thinking this will be really fun: Bass --> EHX Bass MicroSynth --> B:assmaster --> SuperEgo ---> Bass Envelope Filter with Hot Hands --> Amp.

Should be KILLER.

So far the SuperEgo is fun for soloing over and I've found some good, usable tones. However, I'm really looking forward to messing with it after I get the Hot Hands in the effects chain. Can't wait....