1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

El Toro Schematic

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by qs-nalle, Mar 18, 2008.

1. qs-nalle

qs-nalle

Mar 17, 2008
    Turku Finland
    This is really a shout out to those people that know whats wrong with the shematic found on the web...... i have my doubts about the middle switch and the ground being connected to the wiper in the middle pot.....looks very strange to me.....thats probably not a good way to control the sinal level going to the active circuit (or whatever it does.....should it be more wired like a old fashioned volume or tone pot?

Anyway the bass has a very strange sound...

2. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Can you take a detailed picture under the hood?

I have this buried in better resolution but will need to dig it out.

El-Toro004.

3. qs-nalle

qs-nalle

Mar 17, 2008
    Turku Finland
    Please do........PLEASE!

4. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Found an old E-mail.

The neck pickup white wire is shown in the wrong spot. It goes to the empty lug on the opposite side of the switch as shown.

Jim

5. qs-nalle

qs-nalle

Mar 17, 2008
    Turku Finland
    will that cause the bass cut pot to work too?

6. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Probably not. That is most likely one of the 2 caps isn't soldered well. My guess is the grounding of the cap is bad on the bass pot.

Got a camera? Get some close up pictures of what you have. The diagram is right otherwise.

Jim