1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

electro harmonix bass micro synth question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ThrillaBazZilla, Mar 18, 2008.

1. ThrillaBazZilla

ThrillaBazZilla

Mar 17, 2008
    hey guys im curious what some of your settings are for this pedal and if you guys are happy with the sounds you can get out of it and if anyone has ideas of effects that they use with it or ideas of how to use it! thanks!

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    After you set the voices to your liking, start messing with the filter sweep and rate. Keep the trig maxed and attack delay min while you're doing this so the effect will kick in all the time. Once you figure out how the filter sweep and rate work together you can start messing with the attack delay and trig.

There are samples in the Talkbass Wiki of some of the sounds I got from it.

3. ThrillaBazZilla

ThrillaBazZilla

Mar 17, 2008
    talkbass wiki??

4. Look up! Top left of page, fourth link along, effects section, go crazy!

5. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Most often if I'm using it on its own I have the sub-octave and octave up sliders maxed and the other two voices off.

I also like to feed it the sub-octave signal from a Boss OC-2, then use either the upper octave or square wave on the BMS and tweak the stop freq. to get the tone right. Some really artificial noises to be had doing this. If you stick something else before the OC-2 to screw up its tracking (say, an envelope filter) you can get proper broken robot noises.