Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

electro-voice 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ohmanohjeeze, Sep 17, 2004.

1. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
  2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    That does not appear to be a EV cab. Also it is loaded with EV Force speakers which is their lower line speakers. Hopefully it sounds good.

3. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    I see, well maybe I could put some different speakers in there. Was this a bad idea?

4. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    ????? Wait and see what it sounds like. I wouldn't put any more $ into it.

5. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    I meant if it weren't satisfactory. Thanks for your input.

6. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    Does anyone know anything about these speakers, I mean if they're at least decent or total garbage? (or something inbetween). Ebay makes me purchase things without thinking.

7. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    That look slike a homemade job, which may be great for the price or not. At $150, you're basically just paying for the speakers anyway so it's going to be a bargain no matter what.

That said, the V4B will match ok with the cab but don't expect any serious volume out of it.

8. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Those EV Force 10" speakers do a lot better as midranges than as low bass speakers. They work really well for guitar, but would work fine on top of another bass cab, preferably with a crossover.

9. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    Cool, thanks for the input. Yeah I found some specs on the speakers and their range is 75hz to 7000hz, which appears pretty mide range. Either way, I've still got my b100r (wish I could hook that up to it).