1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Electronics in Peavey Foundation 5

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by baddarryl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Hi All. I have a whole other thread about this bass at: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531168

I figure it will get more attention as far as what I am starting to run into here. The electronics info is on page 2 of the above thread. Thanks. I am working on getting better pics now.

2. baddarryl

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Does anyone know what the proper resistance should be for good pots and Super Ferrite pickups and the best method to test them? Thank you.

3. baddarryl

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    bump for this question repeated:

Can someone tell me what the ohms should read to indicate good Super Ferrites on my 1991 Foundation V? Also what should the pots read? They are 250K pots. I have an annoying hum and no sound out of the bridge pickup. Just picked it up and trying to bring it back to life. Definitely has potential. Thank you.

4. baddarryl

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Bringing up an old thread. So I got a new (used) front pick up and put it back together in stock from. Played several times, even gigged it with no issues and a beautiful tone. I put it in the case a few months ago when I got my Rick and it was working fine. Opened the case and I get no sounds of it at all. Only some scratching from turning the tone pot. All connections look good. That is as far as I have gone. Could it be revenge from rejecting it for the Rick? Lol! Seriously, what to check? Thanks.