1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG 40HZ

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Deanbassist445, May 10, 2010.

1. :bassist:does anyone have expierence using this pick up on their bass? i and looking to put it on a 5 string bass i am making currently and i would love someones opinion on this pick up

2. I was impressed with the tone, I played a Schecter with EMG HZ and a preamp at GC, I think they sounded great. Might be worth a trip to Guitar Center.

3. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    It has a pretty scooped tone. I liked the 40DC and 40P5 much better.

4. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    Had a Dean Rhapsody 12 with EMG HZs. Swapped out the neck pickup for a Bartolini CX and thought it was a considerable improvement in tone. The HZs sounded kind of "generic" to me....

What sort of bass are you putting these in? What kind of sound do you want?

5. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    The 2 basses that I gig with, both have 40DC's in them..... Nice and bright, nice and low....

6. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I have two EMG 40P5's in my Schecter Elite-5 which I much prefer over the HZ's. The bass came with the HZ's originally.

Also, I have a Aguilar OBP-2 TK preamp in it as well, which replaced the original EMG BTS factory installed preamp.

Have you considered EMG CS p/u's?

TD