1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Envelope Filter: which one should i buy?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fasto, May 3, 2010.

1. EHX Q-Tron+

13.6%
  2. MXR M82

22.9%
  3. Groove Regulator

37.3%
  4. other (name it in the thread)

27.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    I too am looking for a good-inexpensive Filter. Inexpensive as I only see myself using it for a couple of songs, Ex: Joss Stone-Fell in Love with a Boy.

I am looking at the EH: Bassballs, or Mini Q-Tron.....

Any experience and preferance?

2. thanks like asking the world who should you marry. kidding part aside the filter world is so confusing just like the dirt world there are so many different types and flavors

3. I would look at the EHX doctor Q, one knob, one switch. It does a great dubby sound as well as a piercing, cutting over the top sound. The Q tron is EHX's take on the Mutron auto filter, but with less options. Its good though, the bassballs I find to be overrated. The "distortion" circuit just sounds like a crud circuit. Makes your amp sound like its about to explode, not in a good way. The wah isnt much to write mom about.
    Not an auto-filter, but Morely Wah pedals work well for bass, they also make/made a bass version. I see these from time to time for well under a franklin.

4. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    to all of you participated in the poll: THANKS for your opinions!

My final decision is clear now: 3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator!

There is a summer sale going on right now, this helped my decision. :bassist:

5. eyecandy

eyecandy

Jul 28, 2009
    Qtron