Epiphone Thunderbird IV?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChildoftheKorn, Mar 12, 2004.

1. ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    Does anyone own or played a copy of this gibson model? i love the design and ive seen some good reviews and never been able to find one here in the stores, so im reaching out to you fellow TBer's. I need a second bass, with setting up my bass now it sounds and plays like a cheap, but im looking for another love :p , im a bit low on the money so if you guys dont like the bass i have in mind maybe you can recommend a good rock/metal bass? i play lots of old 80's metal and 70's rock, and thanks again for those who read this i have seacrhed for the epiphone thunderbird and my results havent brought me any luck. thanks in advance.
  2. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    I only lately played a few of these basses,I took a job at at guitar center(I know,I know,I'm sorry)and have the oppertunity to play a few of these basses.
    The epiphone bass for the money(325.00$ or so)is quite a nice peice,while the 1300.00$ Gibson is to me not worth the 1000.00$ more.
    Though they both are a great bass,they both are very neck heavy so moving the strap button is a definate modification on either bass you get.
    I can think of a few basses I would rather have than one of these. :hyper:
  3. av_rockstar

Oct 4, 2003
    So. Cali.
    Demo hit the nail right on the head...!
    I play the epi. explr. we do 80"s style rock.. plenty of tone,
    Pluged into the rite equip. they will thump ya....hehe
    He was also rite about replacing the strap pins for the weight transfer......lol
    And last but least.. save the dough on the Gibson and get a good amp......

You can hear mine here....

--------- :bassist: Bash On....
  4. ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    well im loking into ether the explorer or the thunderbird. probably thunderbird.and ill definitly mod where the straps go. Thanks for your reply guys
  5. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Wow,lately I am having people agree with my postings.
    Now that I am no longer a rookie I have enough info in my repitoire to actually convey my opinions across without getting someone upset at me,thanks rockstar for the little pat on the back ,its nice to have my point validated :hyper: