1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ESP/LTD Clearance

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Lammchop93, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    R&B likes this.
  2. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Can't see prices or how to add to cart(?)

3. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Wouldn't work with Chrome or Firefox but does with Edge for some reason

4. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Working fine with chrome for me

upload_2017-2-25_11-34-23.

R&B likes this.
  5. Doctor Phunky2

Doctor Phunky2

Feb 4, 2017
    Anybody see what their return policy is?

6. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    The AP5 is an absolute MONSTER of a bass. Anyone looking for a versatile, powerful 5 should grab one fast. One of the finest instruments I have ever played, and I have played a lot.

7. mhartman29

mhartman29

Mar 23, 2014
    Austin, TX
    These are MIJ? Any idea on the weight of the AP5? How tight is the low B?

8. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Holy cow, that tobacco burst AP-4 is an eyeful! Great price. Too many knobs and switches for me though.

9. mhartman29

mhartman29

Mar 23, 2014
    Austin, TX
    I got in touch with ESP customer support. There is a 30 day return policy. You cover return shipping unless there is a manufacturer's defect.

The sale is currently slated to go through the end of June. They've talked about extending through July but that's not certain yet.

The AP4 weighs around 9 pounds and the AP5 weighs around 10.

I'm thinking about an AP5. Would love to get feedback, sound clips, etc from any members who have one!

Hope this info helps!

TonyP- and R&B like this.
  10. FingerDub

FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    ESP really got away from the good stuff they had. They had GREAT P and Jazz models and sold out in favor of thin necks and crappy active electronics. I have an ESP LTD P/J and it is incredible, and I play it more than my MIA P. I have no qualms about ESP quality for the most part.

Anyway, there have already been many Amazon deals with way lower prices than these. I think they have sold so poorly that they will end up being blown out even more. I'f you want one of these basses, I'd wait. I don't think they are going anywhere.

11. Toptube

Toptube Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2009
    These are made from baseball bat ash. A 10lb 5er would be one of the "light" ones.
    I'm puzzled why they often use white ash on their E-II versions. Somebody must feel the tone is worth the weight.

12. mhartman29

mhartman29

Mar 23, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Ah they suffer from G&L disease!

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  13. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Meh. I'd take a G&L a thousand times over any day. These look really nice but I owned this one for about 5 minutes and couldn't return it fast enough. Heavy as hell, terrible setup, sharp fret ends, electronics sounded like garbage. Granted, it was a very beautiful instrument, but that's all.

Oh yeah, and I paid $878 brand new/shipped so I don't think $999 is much of a deal.

Just my personal experience and 2.5-cent opinion. Maybe the humbucker ones are better.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  14. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups
    This might be an older thread but the ESP AP5 is one of the best 5s with a 34" scale out there for the money...I really liked it .

FingerDub likes this.