1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ESP LTD D-4, New and less than $399

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassBoomer23, Jan 14, 2012.

1. BassBoomer23

BassBoomer23

Jan 14, 2012
    Hi forum,
    I'm new to bass playing, and have had a few classes on a burrowed bass;so I wanted to get a brand new bass that would look nice, that had good electronics and sound, and that I could keep for a long time.In the end,I chose the ESP D4. Since it seems a bit expensive I wanted to know if any member of talkbass.com had some info on this bass' price being lowered under $399.oo.
    Also- do you think this is a good bass,that would keep for a long time and that has a good tone,and electronics? :eyebrow:
    thnx:)

2. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    I have no experience with the D series, but from what I've seen and read, I don't see why it wouldn't be a great instrument. I've known guys with F series basses that absolutely loved them. I am COMPLETELY in love with my B-4E. I've been playing a little over 20 years and I wish I had got one a LONG time ago.
    Properly cared for , your D-4 should last you a lifetime.
    As long as the bass sounds, feels, and looks good to you, you got the right bass :]
    now..... lets see some pics :]

BassBoomer23 likes this.
  3. BassBoomer23

BassBoomer23

Jan 14, 2012
    thnx for the post, poomwah, and for the shared experience and advice!
    i'll be posting some pics of my own if I buy it, but that will be in the next months. in the mean time, enjoy:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ps: notice the change in colour... ?

4. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    my mistake, when I read that you chose the B-4 I thought you got one.
    And yeah, interesting how much the color changes depending on the pic. The joys of a natural finish, you never know what its really going to look like.

BassBoomer23 likes this.
  5. Phlip2bass

Phlip2bass

Jan 8, 2012
    LA Porte TX
    I have the ESP LTD D-4 and love it. I use it with an Eden preamp through a gk400 and seismic audio 4X10 it sounds great and feels perfect for me

BassBoomer23 likes this.
  6. BassBoomer23

BassBoomer23

Jan 14, 2012
    Wow, it's been a long time since I put this post up, and now I have this bass, the D4, and I really love it! In the beginning I wasn't sure if it could produce all that types of tones for different music genres I wanted it to, but now I'm beginning to learn that it's more about the musician than the instrument. Regardless, the D4 has flexibility as long as the bassist himself or herself continues to improve.
    I will keep the bass forever! I became a bassist on this bass! :)

Thick McRunfast likes this.