1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Euphonic Audio Cabs with Other Amps

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by richhansen, Apr 15, 2010.

1. richhansen

richhansen Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Utah
    Endorser of the KSM Foundation Bridge.
    I have heard many players here rave about the EA cabinets uisng either Acoustic Image or EA amps. I was wondering if anyone here has tried the EA cabinets with a different (as in not as expensive, like a GK) amp head, and had good results.
    Thanks

2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri

IME the older VL series EA cabinets take more amplifier power to drive them. I've only used a Walter Woods MI-400-8 or a Walter Woods Ultra with the VL 108 or VL 208 cabinets. I would think that the newer Wizzy 12's and 10's would work fine with most newer amplifiers like the MB2 500. Frankly, I don't know if you could drive one with the smaller GK MBS and MBE Heads.

Ric

3. bass_man_dk

bass_man_dk

Dec 24, 2005
    I juat got a CXL 110 and I'm running it with a Genz Benz shuttle 6.0 and it sounds great with lots of head room.
    My instructor who I bought it from was using it with a TC electronic 2.0 bass head which also worked great.