Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Euphonic Bliss

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ShantiCat, Feb 26, 2006.

1. ShantiCat

ShantiCat Supporting Member

Well I just sold my iAMP 350 combo and bought a new iAMP 800 from Jive Sound. :hyper: My combo paired with my CxL112 was a dynamite powerhouse but now I will just have the 112 with the 800 until I get the NL 210 in the near future. However I could not use it today in practice because I did not realize it has only speakon connectors and I did not have this type of cable. A quick trip to the "other big chain" local music store did not have these type of connectors except for 25' ones.

The highlight is not that I just got the amp I wanted but that I got to really experience Jive Sound. I was able to try out a multitude of high end gear that you just cannot find in the DC metro area. I learned a Thunderfunk was not for me but the Aguilar 750 with the El Whappo Jr floored me with tone only equal to it's weight. But overall I am very comfortable with the iAMP that made this an easy choice. I would be remiss if I did not mention the great overall experience in dealing with Jong at Jive Sound.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Nice rig. Congrats! :D

3. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Where is Jive Sound located?

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Cool man I'm in the same boat as you just got my iamp800 to pair with my cxl112 until I can afford a nl210.

Euphonic Audio is awesome

5. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Doh! I have Speakon cables made with own two hands at the shop. Stop by and pick one up if you haven't already got one.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i can vouch for 'em. they sound good, are built good, and taste good.

7. ShantiCat

ShantiCat Supporting Member

Thanks I will stop by as I still need some. I am going to get two so that I ready for when I buy that NL 210 :D