1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ever want to hit someone

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Mar 30, 2006.

1. just for kicks

not that i would do that to a good bass

but what would be the best bass to hit someone with

you know like that idiot who asks you to play a stupid song:meh:

2. I'd go with a BC Rich Warlock or something like that, it's sure to hurt ;)

3. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    one of the those gene simmons axes.

4. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Please let's not promote useless violence for no apparent reason. There's enough senseless violence in the world.

I'll leave this thread open, but I'll keep a close eye on it.

5. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    hideous claw

6. its not about violence i was just looking around online and noticed some of these basses look more like weapons than instruments

7. LCD

LCD

Dec 28, 2005
    Where's that bass that was up here a while back? It's the one that was carved to look like a dragon and had a flamethrower in the neck. It looked pretty massive IIRC. Sure to put a dent in someone. I'll look around for pics and edit when I find them.

8. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    I've been jabbed by a stray Warlock before. Those things hurt.

9. Kramer aluminum pitchfork headstock

Or maybe any boat paddle type bass cause you could swing it fast

10. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    I once used my Steinberger as a blunt force trauma ogject to get out the door when a bar brawl broke out during a gig in Az.
    Those graphite necks jab people out of the way pretty good, and once all was said and done, and statements taken by the cops, no one was seriously injured. The bass was still in tune, too :D

11. The hit itself is just half of it.

If You want to get away too You'd better usa a Hohner B2 or something, that You can easily hide afterwards.

The hiding part also goes for an Ashbory bass, but I seriously doubt You can kill a fly with it. Bad choice.

/Ff

12. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I don't agree. Those rubber strings look like they could leave a major welt.

I'm sure you could throw it at someone easily.......as a diversionary tactic.

13. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    Warwick corvette standard or thumb, that bubigna is one hell of a dense wood, plus the body size makes it pretty manuverable.

14. There was a thread awhile back entitled, 'Best bass for whacking someone in the head'. Search, grasshopper.

15. Ashbory = crossbow

Peace,
    S

16. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    hofner- just for the splinter effect. nasty
    dan armstrong- that 3/4 inch plexiglass isnt going to break easy and would make a nice thwack sound as it made contact.

17. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    use an SX, they are cheaper :D

18. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    i keep a squire bass for such an occasion, if you hit someone with a warwick or other heavey bass you'd probaly kill them.

19. peavey t-40

20. Probably a doubleneck bass made out of Bubinga and Ash with BadAss bridges on it. Thats be like getting hit by a football player for sure...