1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EWS BMC2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joeykun, Jun 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER
    I just picked up one of these cool little pedals on a whim. I just thought it was a cool idea and bought it to check it out. Man, this thing is awesome. I quickly dialed up a nice slap tone and moved on to there to a nice mid attack that brought out harmonics and definition.
    6FC0B17E-B2BE-4C1E-8AB0-F15883141644_zps0mg3ltcb.
    The ability to run it in 18v is a plus. The new version has a boost switch and a volume knob so you really can achieve unity gain with any setting or boost it to bring your tone out front. It's built like a tank and can run on a 9v battery.
    3AB4F64B-6177-4749-BBB2-AA16E571F4B7_zpsqfib0tos.
    It's definitely going to have a home on my new pedalboard that I'm in the process of building. Check it out. It's a very cool and useful little pedal that's big on tone!
    38B8FD33-26CF-4739-B49C-92F102836E26_zpsu8ecssyt.

karla684 likes this.
  2. I totally agree! It's a brilliant pedal for sure. It was the answer for my quest for a solo sound. Tried overdrives, phaser, vibe, boosts, fuzz, and delays. In the end, the BMC 2 was the perfect answer!

Cheers,
    Kalle

Joeykun likes this.
  3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have both versions. It is a great, great pedal. It must have a very wide Q, because the sweep is quite large. How many sweepable mids have we had on amps or sound boards that don't seem like they do anything when you turn them? The BMC is definitely doing something when you sweep.