Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Explain to me the reasoning...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I have been in the hospital since Teusday night. They thought it was appendicitus, so on wednesday, they took it out. I felt better afterwards but it turned out to not be appendicitus, but it was sme virus.... and they said I would be home thursday. But I still had a fever... So they made me stay.

Each day, that have said I will get to go home. But each day, they change their mind because of this fever.

A fever.

A fever that comes and goes.

A fever that hasn't gone over 101.8 since saturday morning.

Aren't babies at home with fevers higher than this?

The doctors told me there is nothing they can do. I am just going to have to wait for this to go away... So why waste time and money in a hospital?

The virus is called Eptinbar, or something like that. It just makes me tired, for the most part...

But can't I be tired and have slight fevers AT HOME?

2. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    That sucks. Just walk out, and demand the return of your appendix

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    They are most likely concerned over possible infections, abcesses, etc. that can seep in easily and undetected. Some of these can kill you rather quickly and easily. Be a sport and don't die. You'll be happy you didn't... ;)

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  5. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003

6. Maybe they are keeping you so others don't get infected, eh ?

7. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Who were you kissing Mike? ;)

9. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Sepsis, MRSA, and C-Dif are three reasons you should stay in the hospital to make sure your fevers are caused by nothing too sinister. :eek: :ninja:

10. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Practicing on the wrong pillow perhaps?! :smug:
    J/K

Seriously, stay in the hospital and get better the first time so that you're more likely to STAY better. Enjoy the time off and much needed rest as well as some of the better looking nurses... See if you can talk them into giving you a sponge bath! ;) :cool:

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My wife has suffered from this very thing, she said it was very debilitating. They may be keeping an eye on you for other infections and what not-post surgery. But heck, I don't know much about meds, that's why we pay them docs the big bucks.

But get well soon Mike.

12. Sorry to hear of a Brother of the Bottom End being ill. If nothing else, this is a good oportunity to catch up on rest and reading.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery, John

13. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

I forgot about that the fact that you had your appendix removed.

They're most likely just monitoring you closely since you just had surgery and possibly have mono (Epstein-Barr virus). Mono causes your immune system to be weakened, and the surgery will weaken it even more.

14. Thats right mike, you won't crap for a few days :)

My mother had her appendix out a few months ago and it looked like she was getting pregnant because it made her so bloated.

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Mono causes your spleen to become inflamed. If it is bad and doesnt clear they will need to remove it. So possibly look forward to another operation if they send you home.

16. They lied to you. You actually have the most contagious, deadliest disease since ebola. They don't know how to lay it on you, so they keep telling you "its the fever"...

17. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    What about the fact that there was nothing wrong with your appendix and they removed it anyway? That really sounds like a lawsuit.

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thats a pretty common thing from my understanding and considering the fact that the apendix is useless I dont see that he would win much.

Peace
    Nick

19. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Yay. I'm home.... And am doing exactly what I did at the hospital... except with more channels.

20. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Congrats on not dying Mike! :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.