1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Facebook? More Like FAILbook...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Am I the only one who is getting tired of Facebooks constant re-doings of its home page? :scowl: I really, honestly liked the oldest one better. I also liked it when you could only get on if invited.

/rant
    /get off lawn.

Mark Wilson, There is something in the title of this thread which would make you millions: Mark Wilson's FAILBOOK. Quick. Get coding and start the website now.

2. I agree. It looks worse everytime I visit. I never spend anymore than 2 minutes on it at a time.

3. Yeah, it is a little annoying. The last one was the best IMO. For the first year that I had facebook, they didn't change a thing.

lowsound

4. I only joined a couple of months ago, so I wasn't particularly attached to the page layout.

But I have yet to see what the big attraction is with Facebook. I hear people saying how they spend hours and hours on it, and these are grownups I'm talking about. But I haven't found anything there worth spending more than a few minutes on. The games are pretty lame, the quizzes are pretty lame, most of the posts are pretty mindless. So what's the big draw? :confused:

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I use it for communication mostly with people from school. As time goes on, FB gets worse and worse.

6. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    They twitterized the design. I actually like the new layout, but I'd like to have the home page with tabs, like the others. They refreshed and lightened most layouts but the home got kinda raped in the process, with no visual hierarchy whatsoever.

7. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    The new layout is rubbish imo.

8. I liked Facebook at first. It was great for keeping in touch with friends without the bloat of mySpace, but now there are so many idiotic applications that I seldom bother any more.

9. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
  10. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    +1000

Why the hell would I want to throw a virtual snowball at anyone? It isn't worth the 0.25 seconds of my time.

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I won't lie, I thought this thread was going to be about me.

I was like "Oh **** what did I do last night..."

Phew!

12. There's a girl at work who usually rides the tram out with me and another guy I work with, and just about every day she regales us with stories of her life on Facebook. I really feel sorry for her, to be honest, as (according to her) all she does is work, sleep and spend time on Facebook.

The guy we work with doesn't spend much time online at all so he really has no concept of the site. Often, while she's describing her online adventures, he'll glance my way with a look on his face like "What is wrong with this girl? Doesn't she have a life?"

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    anything is better than the ability to bloat a myspace page..

14. konodl18

konodl18

Jun 6, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I agree with the *twitterized* statement above.

Every change they make pushes it more towards the
    "I have a 1.3 second attention span and need everything thing to be perfectly visually appealing and have no time for punctuation or capitalization or spelling and really just want a site full of pictures of my 'friends' and words in random order so I feel like all of my 758 'friends' actually care what i'm doing and i can post an update everytime i do anything no matter how lame and average i and my life in general are and maybe my miserable adhd fueled life can seem cool and important" website.

Done:rolleyes:

15. Stalking your best friends. :ninja:

16. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I don't get it, Facebook is for socializing. I catch up with a lot of friends on there, especially as i live out of the way these days, and as i'll be moving to canada in a few days it's easier than ever to keep in touch.
    What do you guys do here in talkbass OT? Waste hours of your life posting kitten pictures? Usually with people you've never met in your life.
    Same horse different jockey, except facebook is generally actual mates as well.

As for the new facebook, hate it. I grew to love the last one but this new layout is just bad.

17. Get it right....It's pictures of kittens with cheese on their heads.

18. Ooh...I see what you mean now. Just logged in for the first time in a week or so and find it way more cluttered than useful.

19. My main problem with facebook now is that my ENTIRE FAMILY is on it. I can't write anything without my parents, cousins, etc. reading it and/or making embarrassing comments. For example, the other night I had a late night out with friends and I wrote about it, and my dad decides to leave a comment saying something like "You shouldn't be out that late" and basically tries to chastise me over the internet. Ridiculous.

I know I would end up hurting a lot of feelings if I just deleted them, so I may have to give facebook up. Yet another facet of life where I'm no longer allowed privacy from my snooping family. :oops:

20. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Besides having to click like ten times to get to where I want to get now, my biggest problem with facebook has always been the ex-chicks lurking on there. It's like walking into a bar full of all the chicks you tapped but wished you hadn't.