1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fafner for metal ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by toskidus, Oct 11, 2004.

1. is i tell to you i'm going to buy a fafner + 2X12 what are you saying to me ?

My favorite player are Mark King, Chris Squire and Geddy Lee.
    I also love Jonas Reingold of the Flower Kings

I play in a Metal progressive band and have a lot of things to say with my bass.

I start playing in 1990 !! so now it's time for me to buy such bassamp.
    - i do not like ampeg SVT3 at all
    - i like Ampeg B2R sound (so i may look at the B4R)

I'm playing with finger, slap and tapping.

Do you think that fafner + 2X12 is a good choice or may i look at the Ampeg B4R ?

2. I would rather go with the Fafner and a 4 X 10 cab.

3. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

A Fafner and two 4ohm Acme B-2's!!!!!!!!!

Johno!

4. I don´t own any of this stuff but, Six months ago I tried a Fafner with a 410 and a 212. The Fafner can produce almostany sound you wan´t and the 212 just adds some serious bottom to the 410. Although the 410 is very good as a standalone cab. I say if you got the money get the Fafner and the EBS 410. that is a very LOUD rig. And if you need more volume buy the 212!!!!:)

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

5. well, I play in a metal band myself and tested some rigs yesterday, I though the Fafner was really great for metal :D But the fafner + the 4*10" cab is prety expensive, so I don't know f I'm able to afford the complete rig :crying:
    I might get an Ampeg SVT3 or 4 pro too, I just don't know it yet, aaargh, hard decision

6. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    If the fafner+ebs410 is too expensive for you, go for a fafner with ampeg 4*10 but don t take a svt3pro, it s much lower quality, dynamic and versatility.

7. Niskamies

Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    Or try out the HD350. For a the cabs, I would not take either one, not the Ampeg or the EBS. In my opinion Ashdown ABMs are the best cabs.

8. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    I am a biig fan of EBS products, but I must admit I don t like the hd350.
    It s really different to the fafner, more synthetic sounding.
    Less warmth.