Fair Use Provision Copying - HELP!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hawkeye, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Hey guys, I'm making a compilation disc of love songs for my daughters' wedding. She requested a Los Lonely Boys song from the CD which I own (legally, paid for it, ya know).

Windows Media Player / Windows Explorer / Nero Express CD Burner software will not recognize tracks on that disc. It will play in Itunes and I made a mono digital recording thru my Yamaha mixer and back into the Audacity recording software, saved it as a wav file but it doesn't sound all that great because of my crappy Edirol UA1A ADC / DAC converter.

Anybody know of some good ripping software (freeware) that I can use to grab the one track and save it so that Nero can then see it and then I can burn it to a compilation disc?

Clone CD will copy the whole disc just fine, but I can't get it to copy just one track.

It bugs me that fair use provision has not been maintained by the record company in this case. I've had a few copy-protected CD's (that are not really CD's according to the Red Book standard, they just look that way) that will play in my Linn CD player but won't play on my lap-top at work, my IBM P4 at home, my DVD player, or my car player.

This copy-protection paranoia is really start to $#%@ me off. Rant finished.

I don't want to make a zillion copies to sell on the street, I just want one frikkin track.
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    1) Free CD Ripper
    2) ImTOO CD Ripper
    3) Easy CD Ripper
    All of these work great for me, all are free to try, 2 & 3 are $30 to keep. Haven't had a single problem ripping any track off any CD yet.