1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fEARless F212: New cab design from greenboy!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Here is the newest member of greenboy's fEARless family, the F212. This cab was wonderfully executed by jHawk. Reall stunner with grill cloth to boot.

Front_Top1.
    Back1.

bdplaid likes this.
  2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

That's cool.

Any idea of weight?

3. vbchaos

vbchaos

Sep 5, 2011
    Groningen, The Netherlands
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    57 pounds afaik

4. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    57 lbs.

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    How wide is it?
    Will a tube amp fit on it?

6. 32" high x 20" wide x 14.75" deep

It will fit rack mount gear, but super wide tube amps might hang over.

The F215 wide is 24" wide and might appeal more.

7. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Very nice!

8. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Which mid are they using with this one?

9. Pretty sure its a Faital mid.

10. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    If I were to start over as a new "cult member", the F212 would probably be my first choice.

11. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Since, there won't be a dually12. Its the final member of the fearless line. I think the 57.5 lbs is for okoume. Baltic birch may add a few pounds. Also, it has no side handles which probably saved a couple pounds (3 at the most).

12. Laklandfan

Oct 15, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    A fearless f212 is really what I was after when I first started researching GB. Due to parts unavailibilty, it kept getting pushed back so I impulsed and went with a f115.:hyper: Can't wait for field reports from mark about how this cab fits into the Fearless spectrum. Because I never say never.:bassist:

13. Well the Dually/Bassic isnt part of the fEARless line. I dont know if a Dually 212 is in the works, but since there is a Bassic 12, it wouldnt be hard to extrapolate that cab.

14. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Hopefully, side handles will be an option. That would be a deal breaker for me.

I'd love to be able to compare this cab to an Audoikinesis TC212 & a Big E MAS-66.

15. Laklandfan

Oct 15, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Just relaying info from GB. He's not interested in a dually12. He also said the f212 is the final fearless.

16. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    Good call. I don't think the fearless line would have been complete without the F212.

17. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Of course Side handles are an Option...... just the guy who ordered it didnt want them! you can pretty well get any option you want when it comes to handles, hardware, color, ect. on any of the fEARful/Fearless/GB cabs just as long as it doesnt compromise the bracing, internal volume or size of the cab. The Greenboy AB's can pretty much do anything you want them to do......its like Magic really ;) ~Elliot

18. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I'd MUCH rather have the top handle and wheels than side handles. Both would be nice but that cab looks like the BOMB to me.

19. Tons of options through greenie's builders.

I would love to set up a Chi gtg and get some greenboy cabs in the same room as the other cabs being built there.

+1

+1

20. Nice looking cab. +1 to the comment above that for a cab that small, I would hope there would be an option for no tilt back and side handles, so players who choose can do a 'one trip schlep' on a small cart with their head and stand on top of the cab.

That is a really nice spec and form factor, and the max volume and sensitivity should be great with the typical 400-600 watt micro for those looking for a 'one trip schlep that hammers'. I love the 212 spec, given the great 12" drivers that are available.

VERY nice!