1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

US: Northeast Feeler: NYC area Barefaced GTG?

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Karl Kaminski, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    Hi Everybody,
    Looking for Barefaced cab owners who would be interested in a small get-together to sample other BF cabs. I'm SLOWLY rolling Barefaced Cabs trying to find my fit and I thought a GTG might be helpful for many of us in NYC who can only "purchase to try".

If you have a cab and are interested, please reply with your cab/head and we can try to set a date/time/location. (Also include any info if you'd like to host.)

I can bring a Barefaced Two10, Acme Low B-1, Acoustic Image Clarus SL-2 to the party. I'm currently interested in trying; Any BF cabs and lighter weight (≤33lb) 10" cabs (Berg/RevSound/etc) as well as any heads.

I can host in midtown (2blk from Port Authority) but, its not great acoustically, limited to about 6-8 people for up to 3hrs.​

BYOBass, Let me know
    Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 1:00 PM
  2. Amajew

Amajew

Jan 11, 2016
    I'd be interested but I live in central ct.

I have 2 four 10's and a revsound 215 t. Mesa d800 for an amp.

I'd like to try out a super twin and/ or big twin.

3. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    hi,
    yeah ST and BB2 seem to be sought after trials, Im also interested in trying a SC.

PS> interested in coming to midtown, or hosting at your locale?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  4. Amajew

Amajew

Jan 11, 2016
    Unfortunately I don't have a spot to have the gtg

5. mixedmeter

mixedmeter

Mar 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm very interested, as I've been considering buying a One10. I don't have any Barefaced stuff to contribute, but could bring a ToneHammer 350, JMJ Mustang bass, and any pedals I have that people would be interested in trying out.

6. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    HI mixedmeter,
    I was thinking about a cab-specific event, could you bring a cab for comparison?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 9:25 AM
  7. mixedmeter

mixedmeter

Mar 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I don't own a cab, unfortunately, which is why I'm in the market ;)

8. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    If Alex/BF wanted to sponsor our event with some cabs to try, Id love to host a playing party for all! Barring that, it'll have to be a local BYO BF cab comparison party... for now;)

Again, we'll only need a few BF (or others) cabs, to make this interesting. We can switch out whatever heads are on-hand, get to listen while others play, and even jam a little. I see that after a week we've only got a 2% turnaround on views/replies, I hope that some more NYC area BF owners will be interested in a hang.