1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bass Mod Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fletz, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    7894FB91-53F7-40D9-B77F-5B26EA614B1F. I thought I’d start a club for those of us that don’t believe in keeping our Fenders stock ... or at least found things we wanted to change so we did.

Here are my three Precisions. The one on the left is my numero uno: 2008 American Standard. I Hot rodded it with an antiquity Jazz pup and a bad ass bridge. Also after market pearloid guard and tele knobs.

Middle is my butchered American design experience bass body with the original Tony Franklin prototype fretless neck.

On the right is the neck from the ADE (which is a J profile) put on a stratosphere purchased 2017 Fender American Professional body. At my 8 year old daughter’s recommendation, I took off the mint guard and put on a gold anodized one in its place.

Let’s see your Fender basses with your own personal touches.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Good job :thumbsup:

Pbassmanca likes this.
  3. image. image. I've got a few. Top; early 60's P body, jazz neck, Audere 4band and 1/4lber. Bottom; 12' RW Precision w/jazz neck.

Pbassmanca and Cool Bass like this.
  4. image. Here's another, MIJ Pprecision Lyte w/Fodera 3band.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  5. image.

Here's another, MIM 60's Jazz Bass w/Audere 3band.

6. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Cool! Keep em coming!

7. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Custom Cabronita.
    CCC9E666-966E-45A2-A24F-95F8549EB93F. D5A0963D-4E21-4B5E-8D27-D17657E417D0. C944F999-73A4-4CFE-B921-B0F84EBAAEF8.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    G19Tony, Pbassmanca, jhb138 and 8 others like this.
  8. Nick Cardaras

Nick Cardaras

Sep 17, 2016
    Here are a few of my custom fenders. A pair of Blacktops, one of each. The Jazz has a deluxe Precision maple neck, 62 Jazz control plate with concentric pots and Nordstrand pickups. the Precision has a FSR Precision neck and series parallel switching. then we have an Aerodyne with a Japanese 62 Jazz neck. A Cabronita with a Mike Dirnt neck, cream pickguard, TV Jones thunderblade pickup and gold hardware and strings. And finally a FSR with a Warmouth maple fretless neck. IMG_1712s. IMG_1715s. IMG_1714s.

9. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Jan 4, 2011
    IMG_0011 (1).JPG IMG_0012 (2).JPG

Jazz 24, defreted, drop D tuner, Delano pickups, active electronics, Gold Pyramid strings

Pbassmanca likes this.
  10. daymn!!!!

Hope you got a nice Nudie Suit to wear when you play that baby!

Pbassmanca and 2saddleslab like this.
  11. Does this count?

My MIM 2011 Fender P 60th Ann.
    Originally came with a P bass neck in rosewood but the neck got warped so I swapped it out for a third party Jazz neck at Richie's Guitar Shop in NYC. The tuners are from the P bass also. I had the output jack replaced for something more reliable and swapped the white pick guard for a D'Andrea Pearloid green guard. Pickups are the same - really nice std Fender ones (unsure what type exactly).
    The color is factory - 'white pearl'. This is lighter and more 'gold' than 'blizzard pearl'.

The pics don't do it justice but the live shots look more like it.
    The jazz neck has white binding, dark Indian rosewood with pearl blocks and is a really deep, glossy amber color.

I love stock-standard guitars but I really love custom stuff too and you can actually do that for little outlay and have a lot of fun, not to mention look cool!
    P Bass. P Bass Close Up. Richies Bass 4. Richies Bass 3. Richies Bass 2. Richies Bass.

12. CiaranQ

CiaranQ

Jan 23, 2018
    Australia
    This started life as a 99 MIM Standard Jazz, 3TS with a white pickguard. Now, it's aged nitrocellulose OW over a lightly sanded 3TS (just like fender used to), 3 ply tort pickguard with mint layers, Omega Bass HM bridge and a passive bartolini MM bucker in the bridge position. Was active, but the OBP shat itself. So, it's now passive. The pickups are way out of balance, but I'll get around to putting in a S/P pot at some point. I love it, it's just right and has been with me for nearly 20 years now. It's on the "never sell" list.
    01 - Fender Jazz Bass.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  13. Thwack

Thwack Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Seattle
    Rascal mod.
    IMG_1495.JPG

Pbassmanca likes this.
  14. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    07C4A061-5D39-4D6E-A9DD-C6FE263A6E4C.
    I've been looking for a replacement pickup for my Fender American Precision Deluxe with the odd sized double jazz bridge pickup.

I'd like to retrofit the Nordy BIG BLADEMAN 4 and THE POWER BLADE and the Nordy 3-band preamp into this bass (with passive tone control).

I've sent s message to @Carey Nordstrand today to see if it would be possible to get one of the BIG BLADEMAN 4 built in this size to see if there's any chance of making this work.

Has anyone else replaced the bridge pickup in this model? Have you found something to fit?

Here's my 'conceptual PhotoShop mockup' to show what it would look like... Pretty BAD@** (like the bridge name) in my opinion :) and I think it would sound amazing.
    FDA1EEBD-EEA5-4170-B0A3-362231F2EC4A.

Thoughts, or other ideas?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  15. Ian Matthews

Ian Matthews

Dec 13, 2016
    UK
    My modded P

Hipshot tuners, Babicz bridge, aftermarket tort gaurd, black strap buttons and pearl volume and tone controls (I think that’s it :) )

Attached Files:

16. kiripunk

kiripunk

Mar 30, 2012
    Naples (ITALY)