1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jazz Special thoughts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by klejst, Jan 8, 2012.

1. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    Just wanted to get some thoughts and/or opinions on the 80's Fender Jazz Special basses? I know Duff McKagan from GNR plays them, however anyone else have experience with these basses? What did you like/not like, good tone? Also these have the thin neck jazzes typically have right?

2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I have one, Its my main bass. I love it. Great tone for rock, nice neck. I wouldnt sell it for twice what I paid.

3. Abaroa

Abaroa

Apr 27, 2010
    Mexico
    Got one new in 87... My first "good" bass... Some people hate them, I love it. Neck is thin and very nice ( mine is natural color with a skunk stripe, not painted black ). Pickups are ok but not the best. The body is like a P with no pick guard. It was my main bass for many years until I got an American Standard P in 2010... Will never sell it.

4. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    Thanks for the responses so far guys. I have the opportunity to possibly get one cheap and was just curious about them.

5. Love mine!