1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Roscoe Beck V w/Audere Preamp **Excellent Condition**

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by scubaduba, Nov 28, 2019.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here is a very unique Fender Roscoe Beck in excellent condition. Hardly a mark on it.

An Audere preamp was professionally installed while keeping the awesome coil tapping in place. So you get the three way coil tap switches, original pickups, but even more versatility with full pickup panning (rather than simply 3-way switch) plus bass and treble boost/cut AND still the tone control. Killer set up that just flat out sounds amazing.

Both switches flipped forward puts both pickups in parallel. Both switches in the middle position puts both pickups in single coil. Both switches flipped rearward puts both pickups in serial. Then you can put each pickup in any position you want... so you could do neck in parallel and bridge in series... or neck in single coil and bridge in parallel... or any other combination.

Two custom made pickguards will be included. A vintage pearl and tort so you can easily create a couple of different looks.

I have the original pickguard and electronics which will include with the price of the bass.

The Audere preamp is the real deal and maintains the vintage vibe but with much more flexibility. It also has a LED indicating how much batter life is left.

I don't find any dings or dents or rally marks of any kind. It is used so I may have missed something but it would be very minor. Rare for a bass of this vintage. I did have a luthier take a bit of off the last two frets (closest to the neck) because I love super low action (which this Roscoe Beck is certainly capable of).

Will ship with original tweed Fender case that is clearly used, but structurally in great shape.

Really cool opportunity here on what many consider to be Fender's best bass ever. And this one is sweet.

Selling to pursue other interests.

IMG_1893.JPG IMG_1894.JPG IMG_1895.JPG IMG_1896.JPG IMG_1897.JPG IMG_1898.JPG IMG_2314.JPG IMG_2316.jpg

$2085 shipped CONUS with both custom pickguards and original pickguard/electronics.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Beautiful, what's the weight on this one?

3. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Several are messaging me about weight so I did the digital bathroom scale method several times and consistently got between 9.8 and 10.1 lbs. So 10 lbs is probably realistic. Not bad at all for a Roscoe Beck (or any Fender for that matter)!

4. Low Down Brown

Low Down Brown Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Erf
    :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

scubaduba likes this.
  5. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Wow! Don't see a lot of Roscoe Beck's pop up, and it must be ridiculously versatile with the Audere preamp. I have a 4-band Audere in two of my basses and love 'em.

GLWTS!

scubaduba likes this.
  6. bbh

bbh Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I played one. Super versatile. So many tones, I got lost in it. The neck felt like my top of the line active fender p bass V whatever they call it.

7. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    Any sound clips?

8. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Sorry, I do not. Think Jazz bass meets P bass meets G&L L2500 meets Lakland 55-94 meets MTD. That describes the tone options. :D

ranat, satchelbaglio and dave64o like this.
  9. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    Quite a complex tone! hope fate allows me

scubaduba likes this.
  10. Smoothmove

Smoothmove Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Lebanon , Oregon
    Man I wish it was a 4 string:)
    GLWTS