Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TST

TST

Dec 21, 2017
    Wombat Forest
    Gravedigger Dav likes this.
  2. randallphish

randallphish

Feb 22, 2018
    i never got my number either after I picked up my rumble 500 head and 2 - 2x10 cabs. see previous post a few pages back

3. Also in need of a number here! Got the 115 cab and just recently ordered the 210.

4. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
    The club is growing!

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Nice score! I believe the official launch date is March 6, so you definitely got a jump on the competition. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

I am guessing that the extended manual and Tone App will go live around March 6th.

lowplaces, randini, jwindham and 2 others like this.
  6. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
  7. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    randini and Gravedigger Dav like this.
  8. randini

randini

Jan 31, 2018
    Santa Barbara, CA
    To be honest, I have been holding back on a detailed review. I am newer bass player and still working towards getting my gig virginity card punched. Asking me for a detailed review on this magical damn box is like asking a puppy for a detailed review of its first steak bone. There are times that I have to stop playing because my joy is stretching my smile to painful proportions and I'm trying not to frickin giggle. The joy is real, and sometimes overwhelming at the moment.

It is light. Pretty damn easy to one hand carry, just a little bulky when turning a corner or getting through a narrow doorway. It was hard for me to tell the weight difference between this and the 500. Since all my buddies were busy this weekend, I took the 800 down to the local music shop/fender dealer to share with somebody. Kinda got their bass guy in trouble with the manager because he couldn't stop playing it. They still do not have an estimate for delivery, so I can see where the manager was a bit annoyed, but I really wanted to share it's magic with somebody. They did mention that the screen and navigation and setup of tones was EXACTLY like the Mustang amps. And I have to take their word for it, since I've never used one. They also complimented the look and feel of the knobs(kinda detailed in the review there, eh?).

I will be meeting up and jamming with a guitarist this week. I usually have to borrow his GK MB210, but not any more!
    I will do a side by side with the two though and report back.

Could not believe how easy it is to connect with wi-fi and bluetooth. I have a wireless printer that I have never been able to connect, and I have tried, but this was a easy first pass success.

I wish I could remember my favorite settings off the top of my head, but there are some beauties included. The 70's Brit Metal and the "Tremalo" are unearthly. The Motown gives me goosebumps just to type it. Fascination Street and Trees settings are great for 80's light stuff. There a lots of different amp cab setups 8x10 and 2x15 .... I'd have to be home and looking at it, at some point, it all gets smushed together in my head.

I need to get back to work. As a closing thought, I LOVE IT
    Thanks for the warm welcome all!

9. randini

randini

Jan 31, 2018
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I took the 800 to local music shop and side by side, it was hard to tell the difference in weight.

10. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Brilliant!!

Walking into a Music store saying "Look what I have and you dooooon't :p "

Thanks for sharing!

11. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Love the new avatar, @randini ! And thanks for the progress report. Please keep them coming as, and when, you can.

Does the sparse hardcopy documentation confirm what I think I found somewhere, that the combo alone, without any extension speakers, puts out "only" 500 watts? CMWK*

*Curious Minds Wanna Know

12. tb4sbp

tb4sbp

May 9, 2017
    North East
    I would like to know that as well
    I read that it puts out 400 alone and then another 400 to an external cab

13. randini

randini

Jan 31, 2018
    Santa Barbara, CA
    3C4D08E9-89E5-4C0E-92EC-D738D71EB1CB.jpeg
    That’s what I read too

bking0217, Giffro and jfh2112 like this.
  14. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    When I am completely happy with my Rumble 500, for which I have never needed an extension cab, and have more digital processing than I know what to do with in my PC, why o why am I drooling over this?????

15. Indiedog

Indiedog

Aug 23, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Kudos for your approach on this! I love the puppy analogy.

G-Dog and randini like this.
  16. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    You would get 400 watts from the combo alone without an extension cab. If using an extension cab you would get the full 800 watts, and If I read that correctly (and unlike the Rumble 500 that only outputs as low as 4ohms extension speakers) this 800Stage will output as low as 2ohms (more correctly 2.67 ohms) with extension speaker(s)? which would allow connection of a 4ohm cab (or one or even 2 8ohm cabs) to the combo. Please correct me if i read that wrong.
    IMPEDANCE GUIDLINES.jpg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    pudgychef likes this.
  17. randallphish

randallphish

Feb 22, 2018
    took my new rumble setup out for practice tonight. What a difference over the old 200 watt 1x15 setup I was using. Everyone in the band noticed a huge improvement.

18. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger

Sep 8, 2015
    Proud owner of a Rumble 200...can I get a number?

pudgychef likes this.
  19. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Good info, thanks. I think being a newbie gives you a perspective we old guys don't have.
    I do have a question about the wi-fi/blue tooth. How would you deal with being in a location with no wi-fi and no cell coverage to create a hotspot? And, I wonder how much data it will use.
    Looking forward to your comparison with the GK MB210.

20. Drgonzonm

Drgonzonm

Sep 4, 2017
    American SW
    will there be a 800 rumble head?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021