Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Meghans Dad

Meghans Dad Gold Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2016
    California
    Can we petition time off for good behavior...shucks, here in Cali if you get sentenced to 30 at most you do is 10!

2. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
  3. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
    On the bright side I bought a fender jazz fretless here on tb. I get it Wednesday !

mikecd1 and OldFunBass like this.
  4. Buzz E

Buzz E Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    It didn't help after his last spanking. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

5. ScrewDevil

ScrewDevil Guest

Feb 18, 2018
    pudgychef likes this.
  6. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Custom Amp Covers as mentioned make the Fender covers. I actually ordered 2 covers from their sister company TUKI Covers and am really happy with them both. I got the Fender Rumble 500 Combo cover, The Rumble 115 cab cover and even got a Tuki cover for my Fender Rumble 75. Great covers whether you get them from Custom Covers or Tuki Covers..sister companies and really nice people who run them. No affiliation btw. Pics below for the 500C and 115 Cab.
    Tuki Covers.JPG

Stumbo likes this.
  7. Got a 1986 Peavey Foundation bass on Wednesday (21st) with a series/parallel switch it sounds great through my Rumble 200 combo :thumbsup:, the vintage switch is still on after 3 years I love this amp :cool:.

8. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Sentence? Apparently I missed something (apart from Linnin's posts)?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  9. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I got my covers from Roqsolid (UK). Not exactly cheap but they do justice to the name of the company...nice looking, solid, thick padded covers.

20150718-IMG_0752.jpg

20150708-IMG_0728.jpg

Giffro, JakobT and Stumbo like this.
  10. Yes. I currently have a 210 cover on order and there are also covers available for the 115 and 410 cabs.

What's weird is that the version of the Fender website targeted for Canada doesn't show any of the Rumble covers. I'm going off of what my Canadian retailer has listed on their website.

11. pbass74

pbass74

Sep 19, 2015
    Sunland, CA
    Thanks for sharing. These look pretty nice, and according to the website, they have 1/2" of padding. Can you fold them up when they aren't on the amp? Or are they too bulky for that?

12. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I get mine from Roqsolid as well. Works out much cheaper than anything made in the US for us Europeans. The quality is great, and the service is prompt.

mikecd1 and eric_B like this.
  13. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
    I don't know which internet etiquette rule he obliviated. But, the mods found it to be worthy of a temporary banishment

Maybe they just sent him to "band" camp? Lol

14. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #873! A full review and pics are expected. Hope you don't have to wait too long to Rumble On!

jwindham likes this.
  15. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Aha. Well, a break is good for everyone at times...to come back again completely refreshed with full energy :)

Steadfast likes this.
  16. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    They arrived packaged in boxes 1/4 folded and are quite bulky pbasss74, so folding is possible although when mine are off I just "stand" them in the corner or behind the rig. It is their only downfall but they are quite thick, protective but bulky. Those same 2 companies I mentioned do a more flexible softer vinyl too which I also own for my Fender Rumble 75 (which has an odd foldback shape)..easy to fold but not as protective..pic below. As before I have no affiliation with Custom Covers or Tuki Covers.
    FENDER RUMBLE 75 COVER CUSTOM AMP COVERS 3.jpg

17. pbass74

pbass74

Sep 19, 2015
    Sunland, CA
    Thanks for the reply Giffro. I have a Rumble 75 and a 200 and have been wondering about covers for them. Now I have some good info to help me out.

Giffro likes this.
  18. TST

TST

Dec 21, 2017
    Wombat Forest
    Thanks. She serves me well. I let her free-range occasionally.

19. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    I was hoping for the $20 Sweetwater deal, but they don't offer covers for the 112. That's about my budget right now.
    Of course, once I did a search for covers, I have ads for them following me around the interweb now. Kinda creeps me out.

20. TST

TST

Dec 21, 2017
    Wombat Forest
    Roadtest: Rumble 500c at The Spa Bar

Our gig at The Spa Bar saw more than a hundred people comfortably crammed into the Art Deco-inspired venue. The capacity crowd was fantastic for getting the energy up; the venue itself, structurally, was abysmal. A large space with reflective brick walls and not much in the way of a decent PA or desk. The word off-stage was that the sound quality of the band depended on where in the room you were - and not just your usual variations. Apparently it was quite noticeable.

Besides these little issues, I did suffer from "new amp on stage for the first time" syndrome, if there's such a thing. I bought the amp Thursday, had one practice and gigged it Saturday night. Added to my woes, I was also tinkering with a new bass compressor (M87) and, with everything going on, I got lost in Twiddle City - one of those moments when you start turning dials but you realise you don't really know what you're doing.

Compressor off, the Rumble lived up to its name. Early on it took a few songs to get it balanced and full, according to our sound guy. We had one three minute sound check. Once it was all sorted, and that included setting my vocals up as well (especially fold-back, which wasn't great), the combo held it's own. The sound guy later said it was the first time the drums disappeared. And believe me this is unheard of. In a venue like The Spa Bar it took the sound guy to tinker for half the first set to really get us comfortable and shining.

The combo did great. Big sound, and it's so sympathetic to my P-bass' natural growl, especially as I'm currently running Quarter Pounders. In our after-gig talk the sound guy, also a bass player, wondered if another 210 cabinet wouldn't go astray. To this he added he'd be happy to bring along one of his to experiment. I'm happy to oblige.

BazzaBass, FirewalZ, Mvf and 3 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021