1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ScrewDevil

ScrewDevil Guest

Feb 18, 2018
    I was thinking about getting a new one of those. Let me know how it sounds.

2. aussietc

aussietc

Apr 14, 2010
    Do the new Rumble amps have a balanced out or does the master volume still affect the direct out?

3. Master vol affects DI out

4. basslayer

basslayer

Jan 3, 2008
    Beaverton, OR
    American Musical is listing the Rumble Stage 800 in stock and Fender still doesn't mention the amp on its website.

G-Dog likes this.
  5. I think someone earlier mentioned the Stage 800 has a pre / post switch.
    But yep, the ‘not Stage’ amps are affected by Vol

pudgychef likes this.
  6. aussietc

aussietc

Apr 14, 2010
    What about the new Studio 40 or Stage 500?

7. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Yes, they seem in stock over here as well. € 853 for the Stage 800 and € 385 for the Studio 40.

pudgychef likes this.
  8. rodl2005 likes this.
  9. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    I believe I read somewhere that the mono mode Pre- and Post-EQ XLR outs of "The Stage" are, or at least could be, both affected by the Master. However, as has been mentioned here by actual users, the Master effect is not egregiously large and may even go unnoticed at the sound board!

Real life observation.

Steadfast likes this.
  10. So it's always fun to test drive the Rumble with some music you usually don't play.

In my youth, I played a lot of new wave / techno, only as a keyboardist then. I played with some guys doing 80s new wave, all of us around the same age, having a great time with it. I really got to see the horn tweeter shine, and use a couple other tone shaping presets. Usually I use the Vintage switch for that fatter rock tone. But just using the bright switch instead and having the horn turned on, it was really cool, played some INXS, Joy Division, The Cars, etc. It was fun times, and fun to try the 200 with some new settings and music from my typical rock stuff.

rodl2005 and pudgychef like this.
  11. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Great! We have a new word to add to the dictionary, Rumbeliever!

12. OldFunBass

OldFunBass

Nov 5, 2016
    Florida
    I have always believed in rum. :thumbsup:

elitheguy, pudgychef, G-Dog and 2 others like this.
  13. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
    I will add a stage 40 to sit on top of my 2 500c's

14. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Hmm, a "Stage 40", eh?

I've read of the Stage 800 with 800 watts, two 10-inch speakers and an external speaker jack.

And I've read of the Studio 40 with 40 watts, one 10-inch speaker and no external speaker jack.

Would the "Stage 40" have 40 watts, one 10-inch speaker and an external speaker jack that switches to 800 watts with an external 4 ohm speaker? Now that would be a great little pocket rocket!! The weight of a 40 with the power of the 800 ! What a winner!?

:thumbsup:

15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I asked Fender about this, and here is their response:

"Both outputs are balanced and NOT affected by Master. There is a dedicated menu USB/LINE OUT level control but most users won’t need to adjust it. The menu can configure XLR outputs to PRE/POST (default setting, both are mono) to stereo L and R (both POST processing) outputs as found on Mustang GT. We thought the having both PRE (direct, no processing) and POST (post processing, stereo effects summed to mono) would be more useful for most bass applications."​

G-Dog, RedVee, lowplaces and 4 others like this.
  16. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Wow! Another definitive answer, and with a definitive solution, no less!

Many thanks, @tombowlus! You da man!

:woot:

pudgychef and tombowlus like this.
  17. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
    ahhh I meant the studio 40. I understand it had an effects loop.

18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Yes, 1/4” stereo effects loop.

:smug:

19. Well no s:poop:t!
    Glad they figured that out.

Thanks for posting.

20. aussietc

aussietc

Apr 14, 2010
    Balanced out! YES!!! That was the only thing I can against the Rumble amps - the ability to make volume changes at the amp without affecting the line to FOH. Not a big deal, but appreciated when needed.

tombowlus and Richard Cranium like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021