Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    "
    Dave Lewis, Principal Engineer, Fender Musical Instruments.

"We appreciate the acknowledgement of our efforts for the redesigned Rumble V3 series. Obviously, improving the value and performance, while reducing overall weight at such low price points, was a major challenge that we set for ourselves. As such, certain features were omitted that might be expected on more expensive models, like a mute switch or "clip" LED, neither of which existed on the previous Rumble V2 series. Our overall gain structure and power amp limiter make the signal less likely to clip for typical basses at moderate Gain/Master settings, and having the newly developed Vintage and Overdrive features (that add some level of clipping or distortion to the signal) tend to negate the immediate need for such a "clip" indicator. The V3 Overdrive feature is a multi-stage analog circuit that emulates the transfer characteristic of cascaded tube gain stages, and we feel it offers a very usable range of distorted tones that are preferred to some other manufacturers' offerings, but we also understand that distortion is a subjective thing and may not appeal to every player.

The signal present at the XLR Line Out being "post- Master" is a continuation of the feature as found on the V2 series (which only had a single Volume knob, not Gain and Master) that offers an accurate representation of the preamp signal driving the speaker and contained all preamp EQ/tone adjustments including OD, etc. While this is a useful feature as it stands, we recognize that some customers may prefer an XLR Line Out signal that was unaffected by any preamp controls (or at least not the Master vol.), as found in more expensive products and dedicated DI boxes. Lastly, we specify reliable high current rated W" speaker jacks for both the 200/500 heads and as extension jacks on the 200/500 combos for consistency in production across the models.

From your comments and other comments read online, it appears people are taking notice of what we've done with the Rumble V3 series and giving them serious consideration. It is becoming more and more clear that as technology improves, the expectation of performance/ features is filtering down to lower price points. We welcome the feedback to help improve our products and make them better align with the tone and performance needs of the bass community." ~ Quoted From Bass Gear Magazine Winter 2014 Issue

2. eudaimonia

eudaimonia

Jan 12, 2014
    It's good to know they know. I don't need a mute button or clip leds and I don't mind about the line out being affected by the preamp controls but I do mind the master volume controlling the line out level.

Have you ever tried to record your Rumble? Let's say you want to record both line out signal and speaker with mic at the same time. To get a decent volume out from the line out you have to crank the master volume. If you happen to have a 500 watter like I am, there is going to be a lot of noise in the room!

chupacerveza and dralionux like this.
  3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I KNEW there was a limiter in there!

Linnin likes this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yep! It can be seen in the block diagram in the owner's manual. Fender's Delta-Comp Limiter has been around & refined over 20 years. There is also a clip detection circuit. I wrote a Rumble Talk on that. All Rumbles from the very begining have had a version of the Delta-Comp Limiter between the pre and power amp sections. It's just one of the secrets of the Rumble's robust nearly teen-ager proof design.

pinz likes this.
  5. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    {subliminal message} Fender Rumble . . . Fender Rumble . . . Fender Rumble . . . ;)

CozmoCosty and pinz like this.
  6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    CozmoCosty, pinz and sleepyEDB like this.
  7. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Tonight's starting lineup: Rumble 500, American Design Experience Precision (lpb) and 1999 American Hot Rod Precision (trans orange)...

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1416076718.185866.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1416076736.228992.jpg

CozmoCosty, Woodmanlroc, pinz and 4 others like this.
  8. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
  9. Didn't know I liked lake placid blue and red tort... Till now!
    That looks sweet!

Jables and Linnin like this.
  10. VincentGrim

VincentGrim Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Is anyone using v3 rumble heads with any of the neo bassman cabs? thinking of the rumble 500 and bassman 610. Just worried it might not looks 'clean' as a pair of the v3 rumble 410 cabs.

tedsalt and Linnin like this.
  11. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yes! tedsalt is running a Rumble 500 head with a pair of Fender Bassman Pro 410 Neo cabs. He loves them. I wouldn't hesitate a single nanosecond to pop a Rumble 500 head on top of a Fender Bassman 610 Neo Cab. Hook Up. Plug In. And Stand Back! Serious Ass Pounding Bass Coming Through.

12. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    +1 on the volume control for the DI

13. tedsalt

tedsalt Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Kansas City
    Yep, love my Neo 410s with the Rumble 500 or the Hartke LH1000 (outdoors). If I don't need so much juice, I can run the 500 with one cab. Really versatile this way ...

I have heard the 610s rule!!!

14. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

Got to spend some quality time with the Rumble V3 200 today.

Tighter low end than a stock V3 100, doesn't have that "boom" in the low mids. Louder than the G-K MB112. However, it sounded very dark to me, to the point that I could barely hear the difference with the horn on or off.

Not my cup of tea.

15. hans9

hans9

Apr 12, 2011
    Its kinda odd that the horn didnt make a diff, that feature actually convinced me to get it.

Now im juz wondering how it will sound like in a band situation if i use my bass with a compressor?..

16. Bigmuffdiver

Bigmuffdiver

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    I'm looking for a new cabinet and found a new Fender Rumble (not the newest series, last but one) for $299.
    Cabinet is a 410: 450w by 4ohm. It should go with my EBS TD650 2ohm.
    What do you guys think?

I never had any experience with fender cabs. I tried it out in the store and it sounded nice. Are they road-worthy? They look kinda fragile... :)

Thx in advance!!

17. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Oh Yeah! The V2 4ohm Rumble 410's are legendary for great sound at a small price. ZZounds has a few brand new for $200. http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN2347000 They are very road worthy, and heavy at 75+ pounds due to MDF cabinet construction.

Bigmuffdiver likes this.
  18. Bigmuffdiver

Bigmuffdiver

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Is that a V2? Looks like the V2's don't have the iron grill in front?

19. I see a grill?

20. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yes they have a perforated metal grill. That's the only 4 ohm Rumble 410 Fender made.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021