Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    Cool. Good to know. And tone wise the rumble is just as good yeah? The rumble is lighter?

GonePlaid likes this.
  2. Well, you're comparing a 500w combo with a 300w all tube amp. I'll err on the Super Bassman 's side in this regard;)
    But, yes, the Rumble is WAY lighter

GonePlaid and dbbltime like this.
  3. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #913! Not only you get a great deal, you got a number! Rumble on!

BBassBassington and casbonano like this.
  4. Let me just add....
    I've been gigging since I was 14y.o., around '78.
    I've always had all tube amps... called valve amps here in Australia My 1st amp was an Australian made VASE Bassman a 100w Fender Bassman copy. It was stolen, along with the 215 cab I used with it in about '86.
    I've had many other all tube amps since, including SVTs, Marshall Super Bass, and Fenders, ranging from 100w to 300w. I've loved em all.
    There was a period in the early 2000s where I was talked into solid state/ hybrid amps , which I never really gelled with, barring the Mesa Walkabout, which I still thinkis awesome amp.
    Fast forward to 2012, I was done with the small class D amps, didn't like the solid state power/ tube pre amp ones, and was ready to get another SVT. I wanted the headroom of 300w tube power, as I really like the CLEAN tube tone.
    The SVT-VR was top of the heap, imo, after I'd used one many times at festivals etc...
    I WASN'T keen on the 85lb weight of it, but the tone I was in love with.
    I asked a few ppl locally and on TB for their views, and ONE of them, recommended that I try the then new, Fender Super Bassman.
    This person was/ is VERY experienced in many many different bass amps, and with his guidance, and glowing reports, I ordered the Super Bassman, sight unseen and unheard. I wasn't even nervous about it, as his description was exactly what I was looking for. He said the Super Bassman will do exactly what the SVT-VR will do, but has a 2nd channel AND its 20lbs lighter!
    Imagine my delight when I found it was also $1500 cheaper - here in Australia.
    All I was told was true. The Super Bassman is THE best sounding amp I've used, had etc.
    It's been rock solid too. Still has the original power tubes in (I s'pose as it's 300w, I don't push it too much) and apart from the 2 pre amp tubes I swapped, simply coz I had some NOS tubes to try, and I liked what I heard even more, although there was certainly nothing wrong with the stock tubes, ..the amp is still as it was when I got it.
    So much for all the folk saying that tune amps are expensive and delicate and need re-tubing every year or so......

Anyway, it is the ONLY amp that impresses me with every note, be it a solid low E, or right up high on the neck on the G string, they all sound solid, thick and all sit inthe mix beautifully.
    All that said, I still really like my Rumble 500C, and whenever there's a difficult load in our access to the stage etc, I'll happily take the Rumble.

5. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    I've recently given my take on Rumble 500 vs Bassman 500 here:

Giffro, GonePlaid and RedVee like this.
  6. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Do you sell used cars for a living per chance? That's amazing.

GonePlaid and rodl2005 like this.
  7. How do you run em both?
    Do you run a cab FROM the Bassman ? And use the R500C at the same time?

GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  8. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    I (very occasionally) run the R500c and the BM500 together the same way I've (occasionally) run two combos together. The effects send from one (master) to the effects return of the other (slave). This method is even recommended in the manual of one of my amps, and has been discussed ad infinitum in this club thread, and documented on the wiki page.

Since, as I say, the BM500 has more bellls and whistles than the R500c, I prefer it as the master. But either way will work.

GonePlaid and rodl2005 like this.
  9. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Master-slave.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Giffro and rodl2005 like this.
  10. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    True, but because a BM500 is an R500 with a tube pre, if you run the R500 as the master, then it is the same as running 2 R500s.

11. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    And, conversely, if I run the BM500 as the master, then it's the same as running two BM500s (for the tubey OD, or whatever).

12. cbnutt

cbnutt

Jan 9, 2018
    Seen rumble 200 115 combo in the store, it was blonde or tan ? ? Special edition , everything elese the same inside ?

GonePlaid and Linnin like this.
  13. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yes. Special dealer edition only blonde & oxblood Rumble 200 combo. I forget how few were made. 500 maybe? Kind of like the special stealth gray & black editions for Guitar Center & Musician's Friend. Just a special exterior treatment. All else is the same.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    cbnutt and GonePlaid like this.
  14. Flippy

Flippy

Jun 9, 2017
    Europe
    I wouldn't want one but it sure looks classy!

7135TVWkU0L._SY550_.jpg

15. casbonano

casbonano

Aug 29, 2009
    SW Florida
    yessssss!

GonePlaid likes this.
  16. casbonano

casbonano

Aug 29, 2009
    SW Florida
    lol Something like that. A few months ago I started a new job at a pawn shop. It's taught me a great deal about value and negotiation.

GonePlaid and buldog5151bass like this.
  17. 2boom

2boom

Jan 29, 2016
    Hawaii

GonePlaid likes this.
  18. 2boom

2boom

Jan 29, 2016
    Hawaii
    Sorry....I don’t know how I posted the above....

GonePlaid likes this.
  19. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Getting Closer To 1,000 Rumble Club Members! :hyper: :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

20. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    You can negotiate for me anytime :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

GonePlaid and BBassBassington like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021