1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. NeilNS

NeilNS

Jun 14, 2017
    Hi all, I have just acquired a Rumble 500 Combo. Have turned it on once at home (seemed to set some dogs barking when I put my ancient Casio piano through it!) but I liked the sounds from my bass guitar, except I decided it was time for some new strings. Anyway, I would like to know how to get the best from the amp and joining this club should help. What do I do next? Thanks, Neil

dbbltime, Giffro, GonePlaid and 3 others like this.
  2. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Welcome! That's a fine amp that many of us have used with great success.

Check this out:

Fender Rumble Club | TalkBass.com

Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  3. SoulReflection

SoulReflection Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    I thought it was funny!:thumbsup:

GonePlaid and Michael B like this.
  4. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Now that I've invested in the footswitch I am committed to my Rumble rig. May I have a club number?

5. Do I even have a club number?

GonePlaid and Linnin like this.
  6. dlb1001

dlb1001

Jan 30, 2007
    For my needs, I just add a little lo-mids on my Rumble 500 and maybe tweak back the treble a small bit. If I turn on the Vintage switch, I would set all of the controls to flat since the Vintage brings out the low end...perfect for blues.

Giffro, GonePlaid and Ryeguy63 like this.
  7. Ryeguy63

Ryeguy63

Jan 2, 2018
    I would definitely experiment with the overdrive. Lots of tonal possibilities await you. I find the vintage mixed with a little overdrive to be the Rumble's magic combination IMHO.:thumbsup:

8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    ^^^That works really well.^^^

Giffro, GonePlaid and Ryeguy63 like this.
  9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    YOU DO! Send your request to @Gravedigger Dav

Ryeguy63 and GonePlaid like this.
  10. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Got my 500 combo today, first impression is I like it a lot! Need more time with it, though. Dig the simplicty and the sound. I would say volume-wise it is as loud at 9 oclock master as my mb115 is at about 11 oclock. If anybody needs a deal on one or a stage 800 (my seller says mid-August on those), pm me and I'll give you info on where I bought it. The quote he gave me on a Stage 800 was over $60 less than open-box ones I've seen priced.

11. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    New amp day!!!!
    An unboxing. Sound demo in next video.

12. Rumbledore

Rumbledore Banned SUSPENDED

Jun 2, 2018
    peninsula
    i love dynamic players more than non dynamic players happy to hear you're committed and are going to be switching channels out front :thumbsup:

GonePlaid likes this.
  13. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #935! Do you even have pics? Tell us what you have and Rumble On!

14. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #936! Check out all the info in the Fender Rumble Club wiki page. Be sure the try some of the settings in the Fender Rumble Tone Pool. There is some really good stuff there. Rumble on!

Bass Man Dan, Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  15. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Nice way to start. The 40 should serve you well..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  16. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #937! The 40 is a great starter amp. It is small enough for home practice and you can play it on smaller gigs. I use my 40 for two small P&W sessions a week. It is all acoustic. There will be 2 or 3 guitars, fiddle, mandolin, and flute. The 40 is plenty for that. So get to practicing so you can Rumble On!

17. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Thanks for your unboxing of the new Fender Rumble Stage 800 @Michael B :woot: Looking forward to your demo video. :bassist: :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

18. badRocks

badRocks

Jun 11, 2018
    Longs, SC
    The Studio 40 made it's maiden voyage last night. It was awesome. I played most of the night on the Fat Bassman preset (21). I'm a happy camper!! :hyper::cool::D

19. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Congrats on the new combo, Michael B. I'll be interested in hearing your take on the Stage 800, especially when playing with your band. I'm curious to how it'll sit in the mix. Stop on by the Combo Club, grab a membership number, and tell us more about your new purchase. Thanks!

EatS1stBassist, GonePlaid and Giffro like this.
  20. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    ??? So, there is no written information on what the default Stage & Studio presets are made up of? Does that point to a need for something like the existing Fender Rumble Club TONE POOL?

If anyone has a start on that I'd be happy to add a link on the Fender Rumble Club Wiki Page | TalkBass.com

Would such a thing be a good orientation for new users? Maybe also provide a beginning to preset mods to share in the same way?

IDK. What you think?

GonePlaid and badRocks like this.