Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    When I first saw the video the 'Play' circle obscured the R so that it looked like a P. So I thought "Hey! Rockin' name the 'Poopdogs'. Now I'm so disappointed. I'd play, but they'd have to change their name.

Gravedigger Dav and GonePlaid like this.
  2. jayochs

jayochs

Apr 22, 2018
    on where, the amp? i'll have gain at like 0 lol

GonePlaid likes this.
  3. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    GD assigned me a Rumble Club number before I posted my photo. Well, here it is.

qubifyf.jpg

4. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    The gain on the Rumbles works like a variable input pad, so it should be turned down a bit with active basses with hot pickups. It’s not uncommon to see users turn up the gain like they would with a tube amp, in order to clip the signal.

EatS1stBassist, GonePlaid and GregT like this.
  5. GregT

GregT

Jan 29, 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    I would think that a peak LED would be nice/useful on the input if it works like the input on a mixing console instead of like the traditional gain on an amp.:)

GonePlaid likes this.
  6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Here's one with the $299 Fender Rumble 100 vs the $1,800 Kemper Profiler & $800 MarkBass 115 cab.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  7. TheMaartian

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    But, but, but, but...you get an orange speaker cone!

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    :laugh: :roflmao: Yellow. Not Orange. :roflmao: :laugh: I can't wait until these two get their hands on the Stage 800 and Studio 40. The '66 Flip Top' (ampeg B-15) model in my $350 Studio 40 is a better & closer emulation than the $1,800 Kemper.

GonePlaid likes this.
  9. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Weird that none of the European dealers are doing demo videos yet. PMT recently praised the v3 like they were new.

GonePlaid likes this.
  10. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    These amps have so much advanced capability that it is tough to produce a comprehensive video that showcases all their best features. They are so amazing it will take a mini-movie.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  11. badRocks

badRocks

Jun 11, 2018
    Longs, SC
    A whole series. I can see it now, Harry Potter and the Redhead 4x12...

12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    :laugh: :roflmao: :laugh: Fat Bassman and the Motown Overdrives :D

13. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    Just messing around with my sub'n up and I've learned a neat trick. Using my Stingray with the Rumbles gain at 9 and OD maxed and the TC set dry: 2, upper: 10, lower 1: 12, lower 2: off creates a really cool octave-fuzz.

The lower octave creates a deep fuzzy breakup, the dry keeps everything glued together, and the upper octave gives it that extra grit that makes it sound more fuzz then overdrive.

My GAS for a fuzz has been relieved it seems. Anyone else using the Rumble OD as a fuzz-substitute? Or who gave up a dirt pedal for their Rumbles OD?

14. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Hey, everyone!
    With a little luck, I may be requesting a number on Sunday.
    Things are looking good, but still in the works so I'll post pics and details once it's all done.
    Thanks again to everyone on this thread for your help, but especially to @GonePlaid and @Linnin for their time and guidance.
    Details to follow...

15. Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones

May 8, 2018
    Dubuque
    Here was my setup last night for the Taste of Dubuque. Studio 40 setting on top of my 40 V3. Actually had the front of the house ask me to dial back the low end a bit. :laugh: IMG_20180802_181916.jpg

16. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    OK, I gotcha now. You switched out the grilles. Sneaky. Very Sneaky.

17. Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones

May 8, 2018
    Dubuque
    Yep I like the silver look better. That is the amp I use most of the time. Would love to find another silver one to replace the black.

18. TheMaartian

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Orange is the new yellow. Wrote yellow. Edited it to orange. For that kind of money, I want ORANGE!!!

19. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    No Orange. Blue. Is True For Me. Is True For You.

Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  20. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    You can just buy some silver grille cloth and chrome corners to match. That's no problem.

EatS1stBassist, JakobT and GonePlaid like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021