Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Tell us what you have. Have you already done so and I missed it?

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  2. nick_s

nick_s

Aug 25, 2018
    West Midlands
    Nothing to declare
    It was a about a week ago - Rumble 100 gets the groove out of my Ibanez SR300E-PW :)

EatS1stBassist, G-Dog and GonePlaid like this.
  3. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #959. Sorry I missed your original post. I try not to miss any, but thanks for asking again. That 100 is a nice little amp. I use mine for venues that have full FOH support. Keeps me from having to lug my big rig around. Rumble on!

EatS1stBassist, GonePlaid and nick_s like this.
  4. nick_s

nick_s

Aug 25, 2018
    West Midlands
    Nothing to declare
    Thanks buddy :) For home use it's cracking, and I dare say it will cope with a practice session/small gig without issue.

I can't help but wonder though what it's bigger brethren heads sound like running through a 4x10...I forsee Santa needing a bigger sack this year :D

Mvf, EatS1stBassist, Phil60 and 3 others like this.
  5. jdch28

jdch28

Apr 21, 2015
    Costa Rica
    So far I love it. It's loud, it's lightweight, cristal-clear sound, love the vintage/bright/contour switches. And second one is working like a champ :p

Really happy with the purchase, it was money well spent!

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Most Excellent! That is what we like to hear. :thumbsup: :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

EatS1stBassist, GonePlaid and jdch28 like this.
  7. Furutan

Furutan

Sep 5, 2018
    For a more accurate sound, mic it and let the sound guy handle the mix. You can also use the line out, but it is not as accurate. Either way, if you turn up the volume during the show the sound guy will need to adjust his gain. As for volume creep, this is all about discipline. Everyone should set the levels (including boosts for solos) during the sound check and then not mess with it. If someone on stage doesn't think they're loud enough they shouldn't start monkeying around but have the sound guy turn him up on the monitor. They should trust the sound guy.

8. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    I need a number..Thank you.

Attached Files:

9. Twistabister

Twistabister

Jan 25, 2018
    I am the proud owner of a Rumble Stage 800 (No Number yet).. Awesome amp, I love it.. When I bought it 2 months ago I was able to update the firmware no problem.. When I try to get the latest update now, it says 'searching for updates', then it goes to 'downloading updates' and hangs there.. I left it go over night once with no change.. Has anyone else had this issue? I confirmed that I have a solid connection to my WIFI and even tried other WIFI's.. If this isn't the place to post this, kindly point me to the right section.. Thanks!

10. badRocks

badRocks

Jun 11, 2018
    Longs, SC
    I have the same problem with my Studio 40. It apparently isn't smart enough to come back with a message that there is no update available. I check the website for the current firmware version and run the update when a new one is available. So far there hasn't been one since I first updated as far as I can tell.

EatS1stBassist and Twistabister like this.
  11. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club @Twistabister. You need a number, brother. I am no expert on firmware updates, but Fender just released a new one yesterday. This may be why you were having a problem. Rumble Stage/Studio Firmware Version Release Notes
    Two new amp models and seven new effects are added.

Acoustasonic: For use with upright bass and piezo-equipped electric/acoustic instruments. Based on the preamp of Fender’s award-winning Acoustasonic amps; flexible string-dynamics feature with selectable notch frequency.
    Acoustic Sim: Six distinctive acoustic instrument simulations for transforming electric bass with great-sounding acoustic tone. Paired with Acoustasonic preamp for additional tone shaping.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  12. badRocks

badRocks

Jun 11, 2018
    Longs, SC
    Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Putting it on now. It says downloading update right now. I'll let you know if it works for me.

Linnin likes this.
  13. Twistabister

Twistabister

Jan 25, 2018
    Awesome.. thanks for the info.. I'll give it another go tonight and see what happens.. Gonna keep an eye on the thread to see how badRocks makes out too.. Thanks again..

Linnin and EatS1stBassist like this.
  14. badRocks

badRocks

Jun 11, 2018
    Longs, SC
    Well no joy on the update for me either. I let it go the first time for around 40 minutes and then restarted it. It's been going now for around 1.5 hours with no change from downloading update.

15. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    It shouldn't take that long at all. Call the support number, and see what Fender has to say.

16. badRocks

badRocks

Jun 11, 2018
    Longs, SC
    I opened a support ticket with a link to this thread.

Twistabister and Linnin like this.
  17. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    It's Thursday. The weekend is coming. So what time is it?

18. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Wow! Acoustasonic bass!! What a great idea! I love my Acoustasonic 150 amp with my acoustic and with my electric guitars. (Yeah, I'm one of those switch hittin' pickers) The string-dynamics and notch frequencies give you tremendous control and response. I'm sure these new Stage&Studio settings can't (yet) do everything the Acoustasonic amps can do, but it sounds like a wonderful step in the right direction.

GonePlaid likes this.
  19. badRocks

badRocks

Jun 11, 2018
    Longs, SC
    I deleted the response that was sent to me from Fender. The response was for the GT firmware. I deleted it so nobody tried to do it.
    I'm on the phone with support now. I'll post an update once I successfully update

randini likes this.
  20. badRocks

badRocks

Jun 11, 2018
    Longs, SC
    OK, the update is applied to my Studio now. Here's what we wound up doing. Instead of just hitting the encoder button and the power switch, hit the middle button to the left of the encoder button also. So middle-encoder-power. It will display the searching for updates, downloading... but will not hang there.

A word of warning. They have changed the menus on the amp to consolidate things. This was mentioned in passing in the changelist under the effects section. The update didn't install incorrectly, you just need to find where they moved things.

OldFunBass, Linnin and randini like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021