1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Mine comes tomorrow afternoon from Sweetwater. :bassist: I hope they have the black corners like the combo amp.

EatS1stBassist, GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  2. They're quite clearly chrome in the photos, but I would like to be able to buy some black corners.

Ted S, EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  3. SoulReflection

SoulReflection Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Looks like you could be receiving one or the other...hopefully its this one:

Fender Rumble 210 2x10" 700-Watt Bass Cabinet - Black Grille

Apparently Fender is having difficulty with coordination ;).

4. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sweetwater photos show the black corners. Fingers crossed!

EatS1stBassist, GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  5. SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    In addition to this, I cannot understand why they mismatch Combo and Cabinet sizes as well as grill cloth orientation. Although I have ordered a $10 logo so my Combo 200 and 1-15 Cabinet match and am prepared to turn my Combo on it's side, I am tempted to remove both logos and give them no advertising at all.

Their products are good but their implementation and design are the :poop:'s IMHO.

6. Michael B

Michael B Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Yes! Make it right.

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  7. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    ??? Did you receive mismatched grille cloth orientations??? I've never seen that, other than when I lay my R500c on it's side on my BM115 cab.

Have you got a photo? Just curious. :whistle:

MyBassRumbManStack.

8. BlitzCraig

BlitzCraig

Sep 28, 2018
    ok, great
    Thanks a ton for all the input!

and G-Dog, that link was amazing... super, super helpful

EatS1stBassist, G-Dog and GonePlaid like this.
  9. SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Hey, @G-Dog, here is what I meant. In order to get the 200 Combo and 1-15 Cab to line up closely, I had to put the Combo on it's side, the logos are not the same and the grill cloth between the two are not aligned the same way. This has also been documented in the Rumble Wiki pages. If the Combo 500 with the 2-10 Cab can match, why can't the Combo 200 and 1-15, both in size and orientation?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:23 PM
  10. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Those photos are inaccurate. The corners on the Stage 800 and matching 210 are definitely black.

IMG_0454_zpsfcyzxgvy.

11. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #975! Are you ready to Rumble? Ok, then, Rumble on!

EatS1stBassist, GonePlaid and Lovep like this.
  12. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    The Rumble doesn't need a clipping light. It has built in compression and it will never clip.
    Different basses need different EQ requirements. The settings for my P Select are very different form those for my SB-2T. Both are passive. As with many other amps, you needn't worry about someone using your rig damaging it electronically; however, never let them put a beer on top of it.

13. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    There is a simple reason for this - the 115 is not primarily meant to line up with the 200 combo, but rather with the Bassman series, probably to make a more affordable Bassman rig. They even matched the logo style of the Bassman amps for a while. Of course they could have made the 115 to match the 200c - they just decided to go another way.

I suspect that Fender thought users of the 200c would mainly use the combo on its own, or if they did use an extension cab, it would be the now discontinued 112, which did line up. For those who required more volume and power, there would be the 500c/210 combination, or indeed a 500 or 200 head coupled with two 115s.

14. Michael B

Michael B Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Sure but why not fix it for the Stage?

15. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Ok, I see. I thought you meant the grille orientation was mismatched in the normal upright positions which, obviously, is not the case. Yes, my OCD has me considering making a horizontal grille for my R500c but, for whatever reason, "I haven't got a round tuit."

As to why the Rumble 115 cab is wider than the R200c I can only speculate that the extra volume was needed for the best tuning. And, perhaps, the smaller volume for the combo was justified by manufacturing efficiencies. But, of course, those two reasons are diametrically opposed; or either could be applied to both. So, what do I know? Perhaps @tombowlus has dicussed this with Fender and I missed it?

I usually like your logic, Jakob, but I don't follow this one so much. The Rumble 115 cab intended for the Bassman heads? Hmmm... The 115 is one of the lower power rated Rumble cabs, but the lower power Bassman heads, the 100T and Super, are 1.5" wider than the Rumble 115 cab: also not good for OCD! And, although the Bassman 500 or 800 head widths are just 0.3" less than the 115 cab width, their power ratings put them a bit on the high side of Fender's usually conservative recommendations for use with a single cab.

But, yes, the blackface logos on many 115 cabs do support your theory. And I have no better explanation for the existence of the 112 cab than yours. So, again, what do I know?

:rolleyes:

16. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Sometimes it's just as important to know what one doesn't know.:bag:

17. SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    I am guessing that Sweetwater didn't have a Stage 2-10 in stock at picture time, so they thought switching the grille with a black one on a Rumble 2-10 would suffice :roflmao::rollno:.

18. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Well, I may be wrong. It wouldn’t be the first time. :)

19. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Looks great and sounds great too!

9FFC5978-6E8F-45AD-B9D7-8EC249A8E662.

20. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but... that's never stopped me before. :help:
    Why even have a gain control at all, if it's impossible to cause clipping with your input level? Is the gain control on the Rumbles there only to control the "sensitivity" of the overdrive?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 12:48 PM