1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. SoulReflection

SoulReflection Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Just because some of us tend to ignore, or make fun of, caustic comments does not, in anyway, suggest we endorse them. I was called a "political spin doctor". Other were called "dofus". The way you were treated should never have happened.

I hope we can move on from this...

2. Old P Bass Guy

Old P Bass Guy

Nov 26, 2017
    Arizona
    Moody, thanks again for the links to your recommended threads. Honestly, they are way over my head in many cases but it's a learning process and good reading. Do you have a Thesaurus for all the terms?

GonePlaid likes this.
  3. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I thought thesaurus were extinct.:confused:

ak56, SoulReflection, MCF and 3 others like this.
  4. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Thank you! I have and still do enjoy your posts :thumbsup:

SoulReflection, Texican and GonePlaid like this.
  5. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    [COMMERCIAL] Music jargon or tech talk got your head spinning? Don't fret! :) Go to your source for:
    • TB Slang, Abbreviations, Conventions and Definitions
    • Audio Terms
    At the Learning Links for All Bass Players | TalkBass.com
    See the last 2 links on the Contents list.​

You'll be glad you did!

Brought to you mostly by @Stumbo! Thank you, Stumbo.[/COMMERCIAL]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  6. Old P Bass Guy

Old P Bass Guy

Nov 26, 2017
    Arizona
    Thanks!! I appreciate your being my tour guide!

EatS1stBassist and G-Dog like this.
  7. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    You, and anyone else who is interested, are most welcome. Indeed, there is a cornucopia of information lnked on Stumbo's wiki page there, literally something for everyone, I kid you not.

SoulReflection, Stumbo and GonePlaid like this.
  8. Texican

Texican

Aug 9, 2018
    I harbor no resentment.

Linnin, if you ever see this, I’m sorry things got out of hand. No hard feelings.

randini, SoulReflection and iagtrplyr like this.
  9. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner

Jun 30, 2017
    Chicago
    Onvilab explains a lot of compressor terms here: How to use a compressor

10. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Thanks for fixing the video. Nice sound.

GonePlaid likes this.
  11. Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones

May 8, 2018
    Dubuque
    Hey all been gone for awhile.. For me with was a perfect fit for the swap... No modification at all. If there is someone that would like to swap there silver for the black I would be up for that.

12. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    PM @Killed_by_Death

MCF and Killed_by_Death like this.
  13. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    I use a TC Spectracomp. With the default setting and knob set to 9 o'clock it makes everything sound just a tiny bit more balanced and alive. I never shut it off and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if needed.

However my experience with compressors is very limited. All I can say is I love having a splash of it with my R500H and 210.

14. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I do exactly the same. Same compressor, same toneprint, same setting. Great minds think alike, it seems...;)

BBassBassington likes this.
  15. Apparently there's compression built-in the Rumbles, when you press the Vintage button.

16. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    There is also the always-on Delta-Comp Limiter, as described by manual excerpts in this Rumble Talk:

GonePlaid and BBassBassington like this.
  17. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    While true, I dont believe its the same function or use case as an external compressor. The way I understand it is that its part of the internal signal path in the head, nothing you can really interact with and does not have the same impact on your signal as an external compressor would.

GonePlaid and BBassBassington like this.
  18. I do believe you'd need to insert the external compressor in the effects loop to get the same response as the Delta-Comp.

GonePlaid likes this.
  19. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    The Delta-Comp limiter is always on, and does provide some compression and sustain, but it is dependent on volume and how you play. That means that it’s part of the signature Rumble tone but not user-controllable in any real sense. For me, certain notes seem to ring out less clearly and die out more quickly in some rooms, and a good compressor like the TC Electronic SpectraComp helps even this out. The SpectraComp is also multi-band, which gives a very natural tone. You don’t really notice it until you turn it off.

20. Gigas444

Gigas444

Jul 30, 2018
    Pernate - Italy
    Hi guys, i'm searching for some help, i have a crazy idea: stop gigging with heavy, bulky head + cabs, and i really like the rumble tone, obviously the stage 800 should be the right choice, but what you think about studio 40 + in ear for gigs?
    anyone adopted this kind of solution?
    this way i should have only a very light, little amp, the in ear and the bass to take to a gig

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.