Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    At the risk of annoying people, 11AM, Dec.25,2018, Winter Garden, FL(not me): 1225181153-00.jpg

EatS1stBassist, RedVee and dbbltime like this.
  2. Ducerro

Ducerro

Dec 6, 2018
    Yoakum, TX
    77 degres for a high here in Yoakum, Texas today...

GonePlaid, dbbltime and Devon Bustard like this.
  3. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    Question ...
    i used to have a rumble 200 v3 head , later on i sold and trade different things and now im on the hunt for another amp ... is the 500 rumble head that much louder than the 500 or for those u have both or used both u can’t really find that much of a difference ??? i know one is 200 & the other one is 500 but u know with the ear , is it that much ??? i used to have a tc bh250 & a hartke tx300 after owning the rumble so im looking to get something around that price point and sound wise ... thanks

Linnin likes this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    We've gone through this a number of times, and it can be confusing and often disappointing. Forget brands and lets just look at watts. At 8 ohms through identical speaker cabinets 140 watts (Rumble 200 @8ohms) vs 350 watts (Rumble 500 @8ohms). Electronic rule of thumb: To increase the SPL +1dB you must double the power. OK, fine. 280 watts is a piece of cake so +1dB. To get another dB you have double again to 560 watts. A lot of people can't even perceive a 1dB difference. That's with any amp. To double your SPL you need 10 times the power. In this example you would need 1,400 watts.

What you are going to get with 350/500 watts over 140/200 is more headroom. If you're a motor head think of headroom like torque. You can feel it when you play. The additional wattage is going to give you better low Hz reproduction. Lows are watt hungry, and feeding time is always fun.

5. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    definitely the best explanation & exactly what i need it ... thanks , looks like i will be back on the club pretty soon !!!

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

7. Rodslinger

Rodslinger Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2013
    RVA & then some
    Gonna grab another V3 500 head and noticed guitar center selling “USED” Rumble 500 V3 heads for $350-$399. I’m dead serious! look at their used section. Zzounds has them brand new for $359.99 lol.

GonePlaid likes this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    because I'm feelin' pretty good today, I'm going to 'Rumble On!' a bit. I play through my Rumble Studio 40 nearly everyday. One factory preset I'd overlooked is #62. It's called 'Vintage Studio' and is built on the Fender TV Bassman model. I have always loved and coveted the TV Bassman, but never could afford one. Besides which, at the time they were current, I had a Fender Studio Bass amp and didn't really need a TV Bassman, but I damn sure wanted one. Well Now I have one. Big Time. It just sounds so good. I haven't changed any of the tone settings or gone into it to see what speaker cabinet is being emulated. Yes, it sounds that good.

9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Back to noticeable wattage differences. I love my Rumble Studio 40. It really doesn't sound low wattage at normal personal practice volume. In one dB chart normal conversation is listed at 65dB and a vacuum cleaner at 80dB. I don't have a dB meter, so I'd guess I'm playing about 75dB.

If I plug into my Rumble 200 combo at about the same volume (me guessing), I can really tell the difference in wattage just by the feel and also by the additional low end and quality of note reproduction. The Eminence 15" makes a big difference as does the larger cabinet and port tuning so it's not just wattage alone.

Always Remember: Only More Is More. :smug: :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

10. Sandman64

Sandman64

Sep 9, 2015
    Picked a Rumble 100 today. Was interested in it and a Blackstar Unity 120. The fender won by a long shot in side by side comparison. Louder, warmer, more open sounding, cheaper etc.

11. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Here's a one-of-a-kind custom build by Leo Fender. 1957 Bassman: $10,000
    Gruhn Guitars

12. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Too Cool!:thumbsup:

EatS1stBassist, sonny1 and Linnin like this.
  13. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #1011! Rumbles are sleepers, for sure. I think Rumbles are getting more respect than they one did. Rumble On!

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  14. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    You can download a db meter for your phone.

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  15. Nice autographed Tea Party poster. They're locals, well JB still lives here. Cheers!

GonePlaid likes this.
  16. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    For my flip phone??? :rolleyes:

RedVee, Inky13 and Gravedigger Dav like this.
  17. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I do not have a phone. I am an impoverished disabled veteran, and am too poor to own a phone or pay for phone service.

18. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    What century is this? :smug:

GonePlaid likes this.
  19. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I know this'll sound strange, but I use my phone as a ....(wait for it).....PHONE. [and 'fuzzy' pics] :)

RedVee, EatS1stBassist and JACink like this.
  20. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    That is ridiculous! Nobody talks on the phone anymore. Everyone texts these days.

RedVee, EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021