Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

The local Fender dealer used to have both almost side-by-side, a Bassman 500 on a Bassman 4x10" & a Rumble 500 on a Rumble 4x10". However, I was only trying them at moderate volume.

The difference might be glaring at gig-volume.

I used to plug everything into the Bassman when I was trying bass guitars there, but it's gone now & I sufficed with the Studio 40 on the Bassman model.
    Since then I bought The Studio 40 & they haven't replaced it.

They pared down on ALL the expensive stuff, no more U.S. Fenders & no more Bassman.
    I suppose those took a long time to move.

2. TheDayMan

TheDayMan

Jun 7, 2015
    Seattle
    I am complete!

ACB572FA-9E18-4171-975E-96048EA28701.jpeg

That’s guitar center’s 200 on top, but you get the point...

Weight feels right compared to the 200, it’s not too far fetched to think the extra 14 lbs on the shipping weight was accounted for by extra box and wrap alone after seeing how it was packed. I’ll pop the speaker out this evening to be sure anyway. Not that there’s much I can do about it if it’s a replacement...

3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

The Rumble 500c has two 10" speakers and the 115 cab has, well, ... you know. But they are both Eminence speakers, in cabs that are designed to work together. All the current Rumbles are designed to work quite well together, specifically so you needn't worry about mixing driver sizes. And I can personally attest that the 2x10s in my R500c work very well with my Bassman 115 NEO cab, too!

4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    mix 'n' match however you like

5. Was playing “Paranoid” this evening and decided to kick in the drive channel... whoa! Anyone else try playing this song through the drive channel. I don’t usually use a pick for this song but it sounded great! Balls and growl! Thank you Rumble 500 head. Was playing through the Rumble 115. Sounded classic!

6. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback! Think I’m going to stick with the 500c and 1x15 for now as it’s plenty for the dive bars and smaller clubs we are playing. If we end up getting bigger crowds and playing bigger stages , then I’ll be jumping up to the Bassman 800 Pro and Neo cabs.

EatS1stBassist, GonePlaid and Giffro like this.
  7. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    For want of a better word Fender has "tuned" the 115 bass reflex cab to be a perfect compliment to the 2x10 Combo's (500 and 800) so there is no issue with Fender mix and match drivers. I would hazard an educated guess and say the problems arise using combinations of different manufacturers cabs and speakers. Plenty of experts here on TB regarding this issue so best to seek them out and ask if you have concerns. The resident Fender expert is @Linnin who has valuable Fender Rumble knowledge and expertise in all areas of Fender instrumentation.

8. dORSY

dORSY

Mar 21, 2019
    Hungary
    found this random on FB!

HFFday!

rythmpyg, MCF, amoodymule and 6 others like this.
  9. Jim Guyett

Jim Guyett

Nov 3, 2016
    Malone, NY
    Still on my quest for a Rumble rig. I play a ceramic pick-up'd MMSR5 from 2003 and feel 12s make it shine. Has anyone played a Rumble 200, 500, or 800 through non-Fender 12s? What did you or didn't like about it? I currently play through an old Ashdown EB-120 12, but have to nearly dime the bass (100Hz) to get a decent sound. I've played through the Rumble 100, flat EQ and fell in love. But! I want the flexibility of head and cabs instead of multiple tiny amps. I'll do what I have to do, but trying to go a different route if I can.

Giffro, EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  10. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Hi Jim. Great rig my Rumble 500 Combo..I run it with an extra Rumble 115 cab..also with a MMSR5 (HH 2017 model)
    EB Stingray SR5 and Rumble 500C 115Cab.JPG

RedVee, MCF, EatS1stBassist and 2 others like this.
  11. Jim Guyett

Jim Guyett

Nov 3, 2016
    Malone, NY
    Interesting. What’re bass and amp EQ settings? I tried the Rumble 500 and liked it, but was blown away by the 100. Probably should revisit that, eh?

RedVee and GonePlaid like this.
  12. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    I pretty well run the EQ flat and add just to taste so to speak if the venue needs it. After initial amp adjustment in the sound check I leave the amp alone usually. The bass I tend to run about 3/4 each on treble and bass but fiddle a bit to suit the room once more. Lots to adjust on both Rumble and MMSR5 to get the ideal sound...believe me im still working on it..lol Some pics for you below. Thanks for your patience Rumble Club members..lol
    MUSICMAN STINGRAY DOUBLE PUP SWITCH WIRING 1.jpg
    MUSICMAN STINGRAY DOUBLE PUP SWITCH WIRING 2.jpg
    MUSICMAN STINGRAY SINGLE PUP SWITCH WIRING 1.jpg

b-b-b-bass, MCF and GonePlaid like this.
  13. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    General Rumble Combo 500 amp settings for my 2 active 5 string basses. Master volume not necessarily flat out all the time..I adjust for room size but leaving it flat out doesnt hurt as guitar volume can be lowered to suit.
    Rumble500 115 Rig4.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  14. Jim Guyett

Jim Guyett

Nov 3, 2016
    Malone, NY
    I think that's what I love about these amps. Every other amp I've tried, I've had to fuss with the EQ a great deal. The treble on my MMSR5H is full negative, while mids and bass are centered. However, when I've tried the rumble combos, I leave everything flat and get a fantastic sound! With the 100, at the store of course, I use the vintage button and love it. With my Music Man (the only bass I play), I know it's the Rumble series that'll compliment it. And here I thought my wife choosing a place to eat was bad, but this tops it I'm sure! LOL!

RedVee, Giffro, MCF and 1 other person like this.
  15. harleyboy

harleyboy

Jan 8, 2007
    In this format does it or does it not render the effects loop useless...say for a multi effect unit??

16. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    In using the effects loop in order to effect a master/slave pairing of amps or combos, the effects loops on both amps are no longer available for their intended purpose.

Scott hasn't been around these parts in quite a while, otherwise I would have let him answer for himself. I hope you don't mind.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    EatS1stBassist and MCF like this.
  17. J-Bassomatic

J-Bassomatic

Mar 30, 2017
    Canton OH
    OK, GAS is rearing it's ugly (translate: alluring) head. Now here's the thing, I just got one of those R800 heads to use with my 2 210s, the logic being that I could sell the 500 head and recoup about half of the cast of the 800. But NO. GAS is telling me that I might need a backup (I don't gig so this is purely a delusion, yet somehow it makes sense). Now my GAS is telling me that I might need a couple of 115s as backup cabs, especially so that I have mix and match capability. WHERE does it end my friends? I need strength now more than ever.:laugh:

18. SRVoodoo

SRVoodoo

Feb 2, 2019
    Allentown, PA.
    fortunately, I have found the cure for GAS...simply send me all your money & you won't have to worry about GAS anymore. lol p.s. I have the R500c with 2 10's in it & want to get a 15 cab.

EatS1stBassist, RedVee and GonePlaid like this.
  19. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    You will also have greater tonal variety with 210+115; a stacked pair of Rumble 115s, a stacked pair of Rumble 210s; or a pair of 210+115 stacks (yes all four). It's what any sane bass player would want to cover any and all events. It's the right thing to do. :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

20. Ryeguy63

Ryeguy63

Jan 2, 2018
    Decided to add a little bling to the front of Chevy Cruze, courtesy of the Mrs. 15557177709342134749295.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021