Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Actually, it’s not Fender’s five-year warranty at all - as far as I know it was never offered over here.

However, as I explained in a previous post, we have good consumer legislation here in Norway, so we have what amounts to the same thing - a right to complain about manufacturing defects for up to either two or five years after purchase, depending on the type of product. The manufacturer then has to inspect the item, and if it’s found to be a manufacturing defect, either repair, replace, or refund.

That’s not to say that Fender haven’t been great - they absolutely have, opting for giving me a brand new amp when they could have got away with replacing the defective part.

I’ll re-register the amp, but there really is no need, as the store has issued a new receipt, and the clock will start again from zero.

MCF, Rocker47, RedVee and 3 others like this.
  2. Tulsa Teddy

Tulsa Teddy

Aug 11, 2016
    Tulsa
    I have a confession to make. I haven't been active here for a while. I repent. In order to atone for my sins, I offer this pic of the gig earlier this week. (Yes, I was playing through a Rumble 500c) 20190521OpenContainer.jpg

Attached Files:

Giffro, MCF, dbbltime and 5 others like this.
  3. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Gig Saturday night at an American Legion hall. One of the few places I can use the 200c and 112. But it's also the longest load in/out and I don't need the 112. I'll hafta see what my willingness to bust my @$$ factor is come Saturday. If it was just the amp(s)and bass, no sweat, but I also have 2 duffels of accessories, mic stand, music stand and stool. Oh, yeah, also our 'custom' lighting.[OK, one rope light]

Giffro, Inky13, MCF and 2 others like this.
  4. Gotta say, I went to Sam Ash yesterday to shop for a birthday present (very inexpensive 1/2 size classical style guitar) and picked up the 115 cabinets. Oh. Mah. Gawd. I could not believe how light it was. I just might try one of those and my Music Man head and see how it sounds. As LIMM I think (?) said, the cabinet felt lighter than the Music Man head!

5. Flippy

Flippy

Jun 9, 2017
    Europe
    Story time, with a small rumble tip at the end.

I played my trusty Rumble 40 on a larger venue with a proper stage yesterday. The show was fantastic, everybody was full of positive energy. We made a few mistakes when playing, but everyone handled them like champions, even adding a whole section with band-audience interaction, which only amplified the joy.

During the soundcheck, I noticed my bass sounded very bright and clangy. I thought it may be the way this venue sounds, but then I realized I boiled the strings recently, so I generously rolled off the tone knob and went on.

We had a really good time, it was a third installment of a charity gig, two groups consisting of 15 people total. We gathered a record sum of money (3x more than on the first show a year ago!). We celebrated a bit, I went home, unpacked my stuff and went to sleep.

Today I wanted to check the speaker, because I had to crank the amp quite a bit to hear myself comfortably on a larger stage. It was alright, but that's not the point of the story.

I noticed there was something odd with the bright/contour/vintage buttons. The first two were toggled on! It's really difficult to see if they're on or off unless you look closely, even if you toggle the switch a few times. This is unacceptable.

I cut a few small strips of masking tape and fixed the problem. Now you can instantly see if a button is on or off. Observe!

IMG_20190524_141141-ANIMATION.gif

:hyper:

6. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Yep. Ol' LIMMIN knows a thing or two 'cause he's seen a thing or two. :roflmao:

Giffro, tindrum, OtherLisa and 5 others like this.
  7. chupacerveza

chupacerveza Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Brilliant solution!

8. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Very cool!

Flippy and GonePlaid like this.
  9. pbass74

pbass74

Sep 19, 2015
    Sunland, CA
    Genius!

10. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    +1!:thumbsup:

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  11. Yonni

Yonni

Oct 31, 2016
    Scotland
    I’m doing this. It’s even harder to tell what’s on if I don’t have my reading glass on.

12. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    The couple of issues I’ve had with Fender products were easily resolved without hassle. Pretty good customer service from my point of view.

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  13. Agree totally. I recently bought a Mustang PJ and it came with no tools. A short email to Fender support and I had the tools in a few days, no charge. Excellent service IMHO.

14. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    This is a great idea!

I'm going to modify it a little. I only want to see color if the button is NOT depressed, so I'll put the color (indelible red marker, anyone?) on the bottom half of the button.

15. LBS-bass

LBS-bass

Nov 22, 2017
    I had this problem at a recent show with my Rumble 100. I was made to stand on the opposite side of the stage from my amp (long story) and things sounded OK to me, but another bass player in the audience came up afterwards and said that she was hearing some clicks and pops which seemed to coincide with my fingering in places. I thought, gee that's weird, I usually keep my treble in check enough to avoid those. I did have to roll off a lot of treble that night, just thought it was the room. When I got the amp back home, I noticed the brightness switch was depressed. I think that, combined with my compressor, made these string sounds pop out of the mix a lot more than they should have. I should try that tape fix :)

Popped in here, though, to sing its praises because last night I played in a fairly small room and brought this little combo with me. Drummer shows up with a full kit, guitarist has a stack of Marshalls. We played our set at a fairly high volume and had a fantastic night. That little combo kept up with everything I tossed at it, including the low notes from my B string, and sounded amazing. I am still just in love with that little thing.

16. What’s not to love?

“It’s little, it’s lovely, it’s light.”

17. Yes, I wondered about this when I first used my 200c. I will be doing something similar. Thanks for the idea!

chupacerveza and Flippy like this.
  18. I knew a girl like that once....

Giffro likes this.
  19. My opinion is that the Bright switch button should be cut off well below the panel and totally ignored. Personally I like the Vintage preset more than anything else.

20. I think many of us have. :) But in this case, it’s a paraphrase of the old Bell System ad for the Princess phone.

chupacerveza and EatS1stBassist like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021