Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Well, I went to my local sewing shop and got a bag of synthetic wadding of the kind used to stuff sofa cushions. I carefully unscrewed the speaker from the Rumble 15 cabinet, and stuffed about a third of the contents of the bag into it. After reassembly, I fired up the Rumble, and lo and behold, that terrible boxy sound was gone. A little bass bost, and it sounded quite tight and nice. Of course, it's still a 15 watt combo with an 8" driver, but this improved the sound no end!

IMG_2577.JPG

JPDsma, Mvf, GregT and 3 others like this.
  2. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    Nice! That's what I use for stuffin's now. Loose fiberglass back in the day. Now if you don't mind a little virgin sacrifice, how about a coat of paint stripper on that basket to see if there is a manufacturer code on it :D

3. John B jr

John B jr

Oct 16, 2016
    Sunnyvale, CA
    So now you have enough stuffing to fill a couple more? I'm interested in these little guys and modding is all part of the game, whether the game is computers, cars, Ikea furniture or ...

4. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Yep, just about. Not that I plan to get two more Rumble 15s just to use up the rest :)

Gravedigger Dav likes this.
  5. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Nah - too much work. :D

6. Well I hope at least one guy disagrees at every meeting.

Steadfast likes this.
  7. No offense meant, just the turn of phrase that popped into my head.

8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    That looks perfect @JakobT !
    img_2577-jpg.jpg

9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Great to hear! And for others reading, even though the Rumble 25 is ported you could still stuff the cab in the very same way and gain a lot. I would.

BoatyMcBoatface likes this.
  10. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
    DerekW said: "Well I hope at least one guy disagrees at every meeting."

Well there was this one guy that was disagreeable. He was removed by the brown shirts for disrupting the anarchist's spirit of unity pledge.

Gravedigger Dav and BadExample like this.
  11. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    :roflmao: :D :roflmao:

12. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    Im voting for the American Anarchist Party next month. Straight ticket. Of course thats done by writing in all blanks.

Steadfast likes this.
  13. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    013p1_zps487a0c1e.jpg

14. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I'm voting for Leo Fender!
    Leo%20Fender_zpsesxdvrl3.jpg

BadExample likes this.
  15. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
    My quote insert isn't working...but I see BadExample is ready to set a bad example on election day.... lololol

I have to check with the Anarchist Society's official position before I know how to vote. I understand the leadership is preparing an official statement this week. One thing is clear in Rule 6(b)(1): they will kick you out of the society if you don't tow the party line....

BadExample likes this.
  16. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    OK. Pulled the trigger on a Rumble 500 head, should be here tomorrow. Hope it is as good as you guys claim:cool:

wilder, JakobT, munkeyfish and 4 others like this.
  17. MoonQuake

MoonQuake Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Montréal, Qc.
    Hi folks,

Anyone here has experience with the Rumble 210 cabinet, Ampeg SVT210AV and Aguilar DB210 and could share what his experience is with these cabinets and how they compare, power ratings aside, as far as tone goes?

Thanks!

18. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    You shall be in throes of sonic ecstasy!

19. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Oh my gosh that's so easy!
    The Ampeg sucks for low bass and low mids. All rubbery blubbery bottom and mud. OK for talentless droptuned death metal guitar. Trash. Pity it actually has off the shelf Eminence woofers as they would sound better in a better cabinet.
    The Aggie and Rumble both have Eminence drivers, and are pretty good designs. The Rumble wins in terms of tone and value. Try them all for yourself and hear the Rumble difference! Same thing with Rumble 112's vs Aggie SL112's. Rumbles slay the Aguilars.

20. MoonQuake

MoonQuake Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Montréal, Qc.
    Wow, that's a tall affirmation!

Now you got me very inclined to order a Rumble 210 as there are none in the stores here.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021