1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Sting '53 reissue needs a case...

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG] - NEW!' started by BadHairDay, Dec 2, 2018.

1. BadHairDay

BadHairDay

Jan 3, 2016
    I just bought a Fender Sting 1953 reissue bass in great condition. It needs a case, as I will be taking this one with me to work so I can play/practice a bit during the day. I will have to put it in the case and in a closet that I can lock and only I have the key to.

What kind of case did it come with originally?

I tried googling, and I couldn't find an original 1951-53 "thermometer" case either. I couldn't even find a price.

If I decide I want one next week, I will probably get a new Fender tweed rectangle case, I see them for about $130. But I wouldn't mind waiting a bit, to see what kind of interesting options might be out there.

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    I bought my Sting Sig new from a brick and mortar guitar store. Didn't come with a case from the factory. They fit in normal P cases.

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    FMIC sold the Sting with a rather inexpensive gig bag. As Iz4005 said, the fit a regualr Precision case.

BTW, Sting's is a '54. I believe the contoured body started in '54 and continued until mid-late '57 when the split-coil Precision came out.