file saddels prices

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by zeppelinbass95, Feb 9, 2009.

1. zeppelinbass95

zeppelinbass95

Dec 26, 2008
    PA
    I found a place to get a cheap badass bridge and i was wonering aproximitly how much it would cost to have some one file the saddels for you.

2. zeppelinbass95

zeppelinbass95

Dec 26, 2008
    PA
    bump by the way does anyone prefer the gotoh over the badass II. It would save some time and $$

3. zeppelinbass95

zeppelinbass95

Dec 26, 2008
    PA
    bumb

4. between 30 and 50.

Call guitar shops, quotes over the phone for pretty standard work should not be hard to get.

Also, try using the search function. You can find a lot of information there.

5. zeppelinbass95

zeppelinbass95

Dec 26, 2008
    PA
    I did but I couldnt seem to fina a quote

6. Yes pretty much time = money.
    It all depends on what they want to charge for their time.
    Why not do it yourself? You can get a file pretty cheap.
    Dirk

7. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    You would probably have to buy 4 files to get the correct diameter for each string. While the job appears simple, its not that easy. I believe now you can buy a badass that has already got the saddle grooves.

8. tonypohlman

tonypohlman

Mar 2, 2008
    The shop I go to did it for free when I took my bass in for some other work... if you have a good working relationship with a shop, they will do more for you, for less, as a repeat customer. Find a good shop with a good tech, your life will be much easier.

Avoid the big boxes... make friends and nerd out about gear all day.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021