1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finally got my L2K Blueburst!

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by rok51, Mar 1, 2008.

1. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Well, it finally got in two days ago. And it is sweet, too! It's got some unusual grain colorations under the blueburst...almost tan-ish (tan-ish, anyone? :rollno:) My bud at the store hadn't seen one like it, either. It doesn't show in my first, official-and obligatory photo...I'll take some more, later.
    CIMG0807.

I was surprised at how small the body was, compared to my Dyna. I always thought of the Dyna as having a small body. Both G&Ls (the SB2 and this L2K) balance incredibly well on my shoulder and fit me like a well-worn glove.

Kim

2. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    Can't wait to see more photos!

Ljazz

3. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    I just got that same bass a few days ago. Was yours set up pretty well or did you have to make adjustments?

4. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    It wasn't "set up"...I just took it right out of the box from G&L at my local store. I do my own setup anyway, so no biggie. That said...it was fine out of the box. I did decrease the relief just a smidge-my personal preference. Other than that, the nut was cut very well, the bridge height and contour was fine as was intonation.

Kim

5. CIMG0807.

I was surprised at how small the body was, compared to my Dyna. I always thought of the Dyna as having a small body. Both G&Ls (the SB2 and this L2K) balance incredibly well on my shoulder and fit me like a well-worn glove.

Kim[/QUOTE]

I love that Dyna I had a black one back in the early 90's. i traded a horrible Carvin with a Kahler Whammy bar on it ( I Know too much hair band rock!) I still miss that Dyna sometimes. Congrats on your G&L!
    Brent

6. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    How do you like the tone and feel of this bass compared to other basses you have played? How do you compare this bass relative to it's price?

It sounds and plays great to me, but I am somewhat a beginner and don't have the depth of experience to really know how this bass stacks up. I just know it sounds really good to my ears, and it's easy enough to play. Looks good also.

7. Torhaa

Torhaa

Jan 16, 2008
    Norway
    That color looks outstanding. Congratulations!

8. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    It's truly one of the bang-for-the-buck champions, IMHO. I would have preferred the same neck as on my SB2 (#8, I believe) because I have small hands. The L2000 seems a little shallower front to back than a standard Precision neck, so it is a little more comfortable than a P used to be-but frankly, even with my small hands, neck width is not the problem that it used to be back when I started. As others have stated, fit and finish on the Tribute series is simply outstanding. Both Tributes fit me like the proverbial glove. The L2000 has tones inside I have just begun to discover-a very, very versatile instrument. That it doesn't sacrifice its versatility even in passive mode is a huge plus for me.

Kim

9. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    CIMG0812.

CIMG0811.

CIMG0810.

CIMG0814.

CIMG0813.

CIMG0808.

Of surprise to me...both the SB2 and L2000 have the same body (not routings, obviously)...The SB2 always looked like a small-bodied bass to me...the L2000 didn't. After seeing the L2000 alongside my Dyna, I just wondered...yup-same sized bodies. Interesting how the eye plays tricks on oneself!

Kim

10. EW57

EW57

Aug 3, 2006
    How does the Peavey stack up compared with the G&L? I'm currently have a slug of foundations & am thinking about making the switch.

11. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    The Foundations have a totally different sound...a wonderful sound, IMHO. I just had all Peaveys and realized that I had some unnecessary duplication there, so I let a pair of them go and replaced them with the Tribbys. I'm loving the G&Ls! Still going to keep the rest of my Peaveys, though.

Kim

12. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Let's see if the bloody pictures stay up this time :help:
    I am new at using Google's Picasaweb, so for some reason they keep disappearing!

I have noticed that my 'blueburst' is almost teal...which is cool to me, as I had been torn between blueburst and greenburst-which is not available in the Tribute lineup...must have been made 'just for me', :)

Kim